Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Now - I have Uninstalled ZASS

greensky Guest

Default For Now - I have Uninstalled ZASS

I have used ZoneAlarm for many years and was always happy with it, but the latest version (ZASS for Vista - v7.1) is just to problematic.
    I am no longer using it.
    I can only hope they get all the problems fixed soon.
    I have paid for ZASS, and would like to use it, but it is just too much of a headache at this time.
    Increased Windows bootup and shutdown times.
    Sometimes taking 5 or more minutes.2.
    ZA icon in the sytem tray is constantly in a state of updating itself.3.
    Various
    problems installing applications and transferring files betweem computers, along with sluggish response times.4.
    I found out that if you disable the VSMON and VSDATANT services (which can only be done in Safe Mode), ZASS
    disables Windows Networking.
    No messages, no info telling you it did this
    ...your Windows Networking just stops working,and won't work until you re-enable these serivces (!)
    All I know is that with ZASS off of my PC, I have none of the above problems.
    I am glad to see Checkpoint is asking people to fill out the surveys.
    Obviously, many people are having the same or similar
    problems.

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

portellen Guest

Default Re: For Now - I have Uninstalled ZASS

I have also removed ZASS totally from my system, I tried re-installing but I was unable to get anything to load, all the main applications that load during SAFE mode failed on the usual boot up, "ati2evxx.exe, winlogon.exe, services.exe, svchost.exe, MsMpeng.exe and Isass.exe".
    I removed all trace of ZASS, both with the uninstaller and also System Mechanic, but still nothing wasted 2 days doing this, now all that i have is a free firewall, **bleep**s, tomorrow i go to town to purchase McAfee, I have free virus and span stuff, which I also removed prior to re-install etc.....sadly very disappointed with ZASS.
    Portie

You are not alone. There are quite a few upset users. And justified. But Zone Alarm is at work to try to get things fixed up right and hopefully that do just that.

Please fill out te survey (link above the boards) and please give your opinions and answers. they go straight to devlopement and will be seen and heard!

Thank you very much.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

You are not alone. There are quite a few upset users. And justified. But Zone Alarm is at work to try to get things fixed up right and hopefully that do just that.

Please fill out the survey (link above the boards) and please give your opinions and answers. they go straight to devlopement and will be seen and heard!

Thank you very much.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

portellen Guest

Too late for ZASS, I have gone out and bought Panda, really fed up with the last 2 updates causing problems, they have had their chance and blew it.

deadcat Guest

I have also had to dump ZA in order to use my computer. If you get this via email a few comments about your PANDA experience would be most helpful to those of us needing an alternative.

How does PANDA compare with what ZA used to do? Are you happy the PANDA? Any issues?

Thanks for your help.

portellen Guest

greensky, it is very sad, I have always had a great respect for ZA, ever since I installed their free firewall. I made one last attempt to load ZASS, I went through the entire registry and removed everything,
    I managed to load version 6, but it just hung up, a very sad end to ZASS, now await the arrival of panda....
    All that I can say is that ZASS has severly dented my opinion of good reliable software, and since i cannot load any ZA stuff, I will never return to it, unless I get a new computer.
    Portie.
    "ZASS is dead, long live ZASS"

Panda is OK. A little on the heavy side, but effective. Firewall is nothing to brag about, but the antivirus and security is okay.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

portellen Guest

Installed the 30 day trial, appears to start slower than ZASS, but seems OK in other respects, shutdown is quicker so it balances itself out.

greensky Guest

Default Now I'm trying Norton 360

I needed something to replace ZASS on my Vista PC, so I am trying out Norton 360.
    They have a 15 day trial version that you can download here.http://nct.symantecstore.com/fulfill...1465317e39d0-3
    So far it is like night and day compared to ZASS.
    Bootup and Shutdown times are fast and there is none of the Vista sluggishness that I saw with ZASS.
    Norton 360 does not have the granular configuration that ZASS has, and the Firewall though adequate, is no ZoneAlarm.
    It does have the usual -
    Antivirus, Firewall, Antispyware, email protection
    and provides disk deframentation and backup capabilities for your important files.
    It is also more expensive than ZASS.
    Since
    I don't know if Checkpoint will be able to fix ZASS, or if they can, how long it will take, I have to explore other options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information