Thread: ZoneAlarm hangs Internet connection when left for a length of time

dippyd Guest

Default ZoneAlarm hangs Internet connection when left for a length of time

If I leave the Laptop on for a few hours without doing anything, when I try to check emails or go on the internet (via broadband) I am unable to connect. If I then disable ZoneAlarm everything works propperly.
    I do like ZA but the only solution is to re-boot the PC and it is getting to be a pain. Has anyone got any ideas?

Default Re: ZoneAlarm hangs Internet connection when left for a length of time

Are the DNS and DHCP servers listed as Trusted in the Zones of the Firewall? You are losing the connection between the router/modem and the PC. Do this:

Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc

1. Go to Run type in command , hit 'ok', and type ipconfig /all then press enter. In the returned data list will be a line DNS and DHCP Servers with the IP address(s) listed out to the side.
    2. In ZA on your machine on the Firewall>Zones tab click Add and then select IP Address. Make sure the Zone is set to Trusted.
    3. Click OK and then Apply and see if that works to fix it.
    4. The localhost (127.0.0.1) must be listed as Trusted.
    5. The Generic Host Process (svchost.exe) must have server rights for the Trusted Zone.
    Plus it must have both Trusted and Internet Access.

http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/dnsdhcp.html

Cheers,Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information