Thread: Anyone else having these problems with ZA Free?

webdaddy Guest

Default Anyone else having these problems with ZA Free?

I've been a user of ZA for some years, having changed operating system from time to time and updated ZA on the odd occasion. But I've always been plagued by two particular ZA
    website problems. First, whenever anyone responds to a ZA forum posting of mine, I get TWO identical e-mails instead of just the one. Second, whenever I return to the forum, I always have to log in.
    Now, I've looked in My Profile and elsewhere for possible settings that'd eliminate those problems but have found nothiong. On various occasions, I've contacted the ZA website administrator to report the issues, including of late, but have never had a reply.
    Is anyone else experiencing this, or can someone point me to where I can correct these two problems?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.1
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Anyone else having these problems with ZA Free?

Hi!both looks normal. You receive two e-mails if you are the owner of the post (OP) and if someone has aswered you (directly) in the post.This is useful since everytime someone will answer a post you have created you will be warned, even if the user has not replied to you directly but to someone else.On the other hand if you have posted a message in a thread not created by you, you will get an e-mail from the forum only if someone have posted a reply directly to you.Yes, you need to log at ZA forum at every session. Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 08-13-2007 08:21 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

webdaddy Guest

Ah, so that's normal, then. I kinda see what you mean. However, it does seem completely unnecessary to get two identical e-mails every time someone responds to a posting of mine. That's to say, if Joe Bloggs responds to a posting of mine, I get two identical notification e-mails from him (I'm not talking about private e-mails here or copies of what I've posted on the website). For instance, your response has produced two identical e-mails in my Inbox. I have to keep deleting them.
    Anyway, thanks for letting me know about those two issues.

I never use the email for the update in the forum. Would be impossible to keep up. I have since joining as of now over 5000 posts and have lost at least 5000 by backpost removal and forum cleanups.

That would be too emails for me to handle.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

webdaddy Guest

I think I've found the cause of my double-e-mail problem. I now find that if I leave unchecked "E-mail me if someone replies to this", in the options below the Reply to Message window, I get only the one e-mail.
    I notice that, in that same options box, there's also a setting called "Message (You will be notified for every new reply to this message)", so perhaps the double e-mail arises because of that?

Thread Information