Thread: Outlook 2007 crash while Zonealarm Spam filter and Outlook Connector plug-in are enabled.

turbogear Guest

Default Outlook 2007 crash while Zonealarm Spam filter and Outlook Connector plug-in are enabled.

Hello to All,
    I am new here and new to Zonealarm internet Security Suite.
    I am facing a big problem.Since few days ago I updated my Hotmail email accounts to Windows Live Hotmail.I use Outlook 2007
    to access all my accounts. So for Windows Live Hotmail, I have to use Microsoft Office Outlook Connector

in order to check emails
    because Live hotmail does not support Outlook except through the use of Outlook Connector.

Now to come to the problem.When I enable Outlook Connector and Zonealarm antispam filter, Outlook
    2007 crashes at startup every time. It is not possible to start outlook
    2007 at all.
    When I try to restart Outlook after it has crashed, it tells me that the reason for crashing was MailFrontier Plug-in from zonealarm.

The only way I am able to stop Outlook 2007 from crashing is either to disable Zonealarm spam filter or to Disable/Uninstall Microsoft Office
    Outlook Connector.

Can
    somebody here help me to find a solution?I want to have Spam filter running and I also need Microsoft Outlook Connector to access my Live Hotmail emails.
    Thank you in advance.

Here is a link for Microsoft Office Outlook Connector:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Outlook 2007 crash while Zonealarm Spam filter and Outlook Connector plug-in are enabled.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>turbogear wrote:
    Hello to All,I am new here and new to Zonealarm internet Security Suite.I am facing a big problem.Since few days ago I updated my Hotmail email accounts to Windows Live Hotmail.I use Outlook 2007to access all my accounts. So for Windows Live Hotmail, I have to use Microsoft Office Outlook Connectorin order to check emailsbecause Live hotmail does not support Outlook except through the use of Outlook Connector.Now to come to the problem.When I enable Outlook Connector and Zonealarm antispam filter, Outlook 2007 crashes at startup every time. It is not possible to start outlook2007 at all.When I try to restart Outlook after it has crashed, it tells me that the reason for crashing was MailFrontier Plug-in from zonealarm.The only way I am able to stop Outlook 2007 from crashing is either to disable Zonealarm spam filter or to Disable/Uninstall Microsoft OfficeOutlook Connector.Can somebody here help me to find a solution?I want to have Spam filter running and I also need Microsoft Outlook Connector to access my Live Hotmail emails. Thank you in advance.Here is a link for Microsoft Office Outlook Connector:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Welcome to the Zone Alarm User forum...I use MS Outlook 2007 and ZASS on both a WinXP SP2 Computer and a MS Vista Ultimate with no problem or Conflict with Zone Alarm Security Suite..I looked at the Microsoft Site you gave for OUTLOOK CONNECTOR..Here is a Very Important Fact about the Outlook Connector that you missed.. <H1>Microsoft Office Outlook Connector</H1><H5>Brief Description</H5><DIV id=quickDescription>With Microsoft Office Outlook Connector Beta, you can use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 or Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to access and manage your Microsoft Windows Live Hotmail or Microsoft Office Live Mail accounts, including e-mail messages and contacts for free!------------------------------------------------------------------BETA, means that the Plug-in is not yet Stable enough for the General Public as ANY BETA may contail Bugs, or have the Protencial of Corruption of your Data Files and possibly Corrupt your Computer..My Advice before EVER installing ANY BETA Software on you Computer..1.) Make a FULL Image or CloneBackup of your Computer, including Operating System and Boot Sector.. to a Second Hard drive, External USB2 Hard drive or onto CD/DVD's..2.) Be aware that Any BETA Software can and may result in you having to REFORMAT you Hard drive and Re-install the Backup Image you made before you every installed the Beta Software..Good Luck.. I personally would Recomend that You UNINSTALL the Outlook Connector BETA Software, unitil all Beta Testing is Complete and Microsoft Annonced the Outllok Connector in no longer in Beta testing..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20070802035000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200708.2155
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

turbogear Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2007 crash while Zonealarm Spam filter and Outlook Connector plug-in are enabled.

Thanks for your reply GeorgeV,
    I know it is a Beta release of Outlook Connector.
    The only problem I am
    having is a conflict between Zonealarm Spam filter and Outlook Connector.Whenever I disable Zonealarm Spam filter than outlook works fine and I am able to
    receive and send emails using Outlook Connector
    for my Live Hotmail account from within Outlook 2007.
    There is also an older
    non-beta version of Outlook Connector available from microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=enWith this version only the premium Hotmail
    members can download their emails to outlook.
    I tried this one also. Of course I cannot download emails with the older version since it is
    meant
    for premium MSN users, but
    it has same problems with Zonealarm Spam filter.
    Outlook 2007
    also crashes when the NON-Beta version of Outlook Connector is running along with Zonealarm Spam filter.
    It seems to me there is some incompatibility issues between the Zonealarm Spam filter and Outlook Connector.

Thank you for your Feedback..Have you Contacted Microsoft Tech support and advised them that you are experiencing a Conflict between their Outlook Connector BETA and Zone Alarm Security Suite?Thatlooks like that is the kind of Information Microsoft would want to know about..Also, as a ZASS user, you can pass that kind of Information along to Zone Alarm Tech Support directly for FREE at www.zonealarm.com/tsformThis is ONLY a USER FORUM, not a Tech Support Forum..Please Post back with your feedback to the users of this Forum and Let us know what you find out from BOTH Microsoft and ZA Tech Support..
    GeorgeV

turbogear Guest

Thanks.
    I will contact support.
    If I get any feedbacks, I will share it with you guys.

turbogear Guest

Good news.I have fixed this issue. :8}
    The solution is as follows:
    First Step:Leave the Outlook Connector installed.Go to the Outlook Help tab and run Office Diagonistic.This should fix problems with outlook.
    Second Step:Do a clean Uninstall of Zonealarm Security Suite and than reinstall it again.
    Here is the method to do that:
    Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Alarm
    - RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties
    - Under Target you will see the following line:&quot;C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe&quot;Change it to:&quot;C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe&quot; /clean- Click OK to save the new command line.
    - Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Alarm Security
    - Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    - say &quot;Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files.
    - Reboot
    - Install latest version.

I hope this will help if somebody faces the same problem as me.

Good Job Thank you for your Feedback to the User Forum..
    GeorgeV

Thread Information