Thread: System Freeze on Update

bushidojoe Guest

Default System Freeze on Update

I Run windows vista basic,
    when Zone Alarm updates it freezes the system up to one hour I have 2gigs of
    Ram I have disabled other security software (prevx & linkscanner) and it does the same thing still... any Ideas as to What The problem may be and how to resolve it and how many times should update run? on my system it runs several times a day on automatic update...

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

dssdss Guest

Default Re: System Freeze on Update

I don't freeze but update just runs for ever on and on and on and never updates.
    Have to shut down system to get update to stop.
    Haven't found a solution yet.

pikaki Guest

I have the same problem - I have automatic updates disabled, but Zone Alarm is still activating it. Shutting down takes a very long time, and I am unable to disable Zone Alarm with the updates running continuously. It's actually funny in a ironic sort of way. I've emailed ZA for help.

pikaki Guest

pdate - ZA emailed me instructions to fully uninstall ZA. Then reinstalled 7.0.362. It solved the problem of the Update freezing completely. Shutdown used to take 20 minutes - it now takes about 5-7 minutes. While this is still too long, I see from another post in one of the threads that this is a known problem and ZA is working on it. Hope they have a solution soon.

Thread Information