Thread: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite v7.0.362 VERY slow shutdown and slow resume from Standby

lhaase Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite v7.0.362 VERY slow shutdown and slow resume from Standby

I've just purchased Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite (3-user license) today (Aug. 11 2007).
    We were running a free firewall program before and a spyware/adware really caused lots of problems.
    So, I thought I would be smart and re-install Windows XP Pro with SP2 from scratch and purchase what I thought was the best Internet Security Suite available.
    After installing all Windows updates, and device drivers I then installed my newly purchased Zone Alarm ISS v7.0.362.
    As soon as I installed Zone Alarm I noticed that it took a full minute for the system to shutdown.
    Windows will hang on shutdowns for 60 seconds...this hang
    is also on restarts.
    Also Windows will hang when resuming from Standby....again I have to wait a full minute for the computer to 'unhang' so that I can use it.

So, I quickly started looking at my new copy of ZoneAlarm ISS as the problem and sure enough this brand new software has a serious problem
    Then I got onto these forums and noticed that many others were having this same problem.
    The only solution I have seen to date is to turn of 'On Access Scanning' in the anti-virus portion of ZoneAlarm.
    This of course leaves the computer wide open to ANY virus.
    AMAZING....I can NOT beleive this.

THIS SOFTWARE DOESN'T WORK AS ADVERTISED.
    A one minute hang caused by the software on shutdown and resuming standby is
    NOT acceptable...please someone offer a solution that doesn't involve crippling the software by turning off antivirus on access scanning.
    Any ideas?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite v7.0.362 VERY slow shutdown and slow resume from Standby

Hi!Latest ZASS version has issue with XP shutdown, developers are working on a fix.Install version 337 and do not update unless ZA automatic update function will notify you about an update.http://www.ZoneAlarm.com/zasuitedownload/ Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dlchapman Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite v7.0.362 VERY slow shutdown and slow resume from Standby

Presently with 7.0.363.0 Zonealarm Pro
    Have reduced 15 minute shutdown to 2 minutes 45 seconds by defrag, and uphclean-setup.msi but nothing has been so effective as shutting down zonealarm then shutting down windows, then shutdown takes 30 seconds.
    Another computer in my possesion also shuts down in 30 seconds without the above actions having been taken, so they may be red herrings.
    I am also noticing that upon startup, my previous gripe of ZA performing a virus scan before it updates itsself seems to have been looked at, however now the PC seems to freeze until ZA has got it's act together and done the update. Maybe it would have been best to delay the update until the PC has been on for 10 minutes and delay the scan by 10 minutes after that. We do switch our PC's on to use them and not just to update the software.

Thread Information