Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PROBLEM WITH LICENSE KEY EXPIRATION DATE

layla Guest

Default PROBLEM WITH LICENSE KEY EXPIRATION DATE

About a week ago, I wrote a message on the boards about Zone Alarm giving me a message that my license key was expiring in 30 days (when I actually had 160 days left). Today, I looked again and it said it was set to expire in 20 days. I went to Customer Support and read that there was a problem with ZoneLabs servers for a time and a lot of people were getting the wrong expiration dates on their product. In order to correct the problem, I was directed to a page with directions for a "Clean Install." I printed those directions out and followed them correctly to uninstall and reinstall once again. Now, here's the problem. Once I reinstalled Zone Alarm Pro again, I put in my license key number and now Zone Alarm is telling me my license key expires in "60" days. This is still not correct!

Where do I go from here? How do I get my correct expiration date back? I'm a little annoyed at the moment because I went through this entire process and the problem still isn't corrected. Please somebody out there help!.. and thank you!!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

layla Guest

Default Re: PROBLEM WITH LICENSE KEY EXPIRATION DATE

Correction - I took a screen shot of my ZAPRO last week when I was having probs - the license key said it expires in "106" days - not 160, as previously stated.

layla Guest

It just got worse, if that's possible - LOL! I just restored my backed-up security settings and now the product expiration date is telling me it expires in "21" days!

layla Guest

More strangeness...

My version of Zone Alarm Pro was 7.0.337.000. Why did I never receive the most updated version of 7.0.362.000 in July?

I decided to download the newer version of ZAPRO today. Once again, I did a clean install, following the aforementioned instructions. This time I did NOT keep my settings. Installed the newest version of ZAPRO and it STILL says I have "21" days left to expiration..........................

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>Layla wrote:
    About a week ago, I wrote a message on the boards about Zone Alarm giving me a message that my license key was expiring in 30 days (when I actually had 160 days left). Today, I looked again and it said it was set to expire in 20 days. I went to Customer Support and read that there was a problem with ZoneLabs servers for a time and a lot of people were getting the wrong expiration dates on their product. In order to correct the problem, I was directed to a page with directions for a &quot;Clean Install.&quot; I printed those directions out and followed them correctly to uninstall and reinstall once again. Now, here's the problem. Once I reinstalled Zone Alarm Pro again, I put in my license key number and now Zone Alarm is telling me my license key expires in &quot;60&quot; days. This is still not correct!

Where do I go from here? How do I get my correct expiration date back? I'm a little annoyed at the moment because I went through this entire process and the problem still isn't corrected. Please somebody out there help!.. and thank you!!

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

<hr></blockquote>Here is How to get ZA to Install your
    License Key..
    Do it this way, should be simpler (copy and paste to be sure you are doing correctly):

1. Click Start &gt; Click Run and type cmd

2. cd c:\program files\zone labs\zonealarm

3. type zauninst.exe /rmlicense

4. Click OK

5. Reboot the PC. When the system restarts, ZA should come up in Trial Mode. Enter your
    license
    key at the startup screen.

If that don't work

Here is
    Customer Service
    www.zonealarm.com/csforum
    give them your infoemation and explain you problem with your key..

prof_fate Guest

More strangeness...

My version of Zone Alarm Pro was 7.0.337.000. Why did I never receive the most updated version of 7.0.362.000 in July?

I decided to download the newer version of ZAPRO today. Once again, I did a clean install, following the aforementioned instructions. This time I did NOT keep my settings. Installed the newest version of ZAPRO and it STILL says I have &quot;21&quot; days left to expiration..........................
    <hr></blockquote>A Very Good reason why you where not able to receive an ZA Update from the &quot;Check Update&quot; button that tells you your 7.0.337 is up to date..is because 7.0.362.000 has lots of BUGS in it and Tech Support is recomending Downgrading back to 7.0.337.000 until the next Bug Fix..

prof_fate Guest

It just got worse, if that's possible - LOL! I just restored my backed-up security settings and now the product expiration date is telling me it expires in &quot;21&quot; days!
    <hr></blockquote>
    See what I mean..
    When you jump the Gun and be the first kid on the Block to install a new program before all of the Bugs were worked out..
    That is Why the ZA 7.0.337.000 &quot;Check for Update&quot; Buttom kept telling you that your 7.0.337 was up to date..
    Now you need to go into Overview/Preferences and Un-check &quot;Load ZA... on Startup&quot;
    Reboot your computer, then do a Clean Uninstall of 7.0.362.000
    and re-install 7.0.337.000
    It would be Nice if you had a Full Current System Backup or Image Backup of your stable Computer bebore you installed 7.0.362.000
    Good Luck..

layla Guest

My license key number has already been entered, but I still get the wrong expiration date (and that was with version 7.0.337.000 AND the newer version of 7.0.362.000). Besides writing in the forums today, I've also contacted Customer Support with the problem. I hope they can help me with the situation because I've got a lot of days left before the TRUE expiration date and I won't be a happy camper if I get screwed out of those days. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what kind of response I get back.

layla Guest

Well, I got a reply from Customer Service and they're telling me that the expiration date is correct when I know it isn't. The day I started having these problems (8/7/07), I posted on these boards and took a screenshot of my product showing the expiration date stating there was &quot;106 days&quot; left til the expiration of that product. I still have the copy of the screenshot and asked Customer Service if there is any way I can send it to them to prove the 106 day expiration date. I'm awaiting a reply from them. I am EXTREMELY UPSET.

prof_fate Guest

Well, I got a reply from Customer Service and they're telling me that the expiration date is correct when I know it isn't. The day I started having these problems (8/7/07), I posted on these boards and took a screenshot of my product showing the expiration date stating there was &quot;106 days&quot; left til the expiration of that product. I still have the copy of the screenshot and asked Customer Service if there is any way I can send it to them to prove the 106 day expiration date. I'm awaiting a reply from them. I am EXTREMELY UPSET.
    <hr></blockquote>I'm sorry to hear that..I hope you get better news from the next reply from Customer Service....
    It;s always a good idea to save all Correspondence and Acknowledgements froom software vinder so that you can use that to prove when your Licensense Key Started or when it is really schedules to Expire..
    None of the Users of this Forum work for Checkpoint, so we have
    no control over Customer Service..
    Good Luck..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information