Thread: Counter Strike Source and Steam

timzane Guest

Default Counter Strike Source and Steam

I have just purchased ZoneAlarm and installed it over the weekend. Since installing, I have been unable to get to the CSS Servers to play some games. I am getting the error message from Steam: Error on Receiving Steam Ticket ID. I have tried to access the servers with the Game Mode on and off. Help Please.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Counter Strike Source and Steam

<blockquote><hr>TimZane wrote:
    I have just purchased ZoneAlarm and installed it over the weekend. Since installing, I have been unable to get to the CSS Servers to play some games. I am getting the error message from Steam: Error on Receiving Steam Ticket ID. I have tried to access the servers with the Game Mode on and off. Help Please.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>Here are a Few Good Forum Links from Senior Contributor NaiveMelody that may help..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=48940
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=48967
    Please post back with your Results..
    Good Luck..

timzane Guest

Thank you very much for the helpful advise. I had replaced McAfee and I guess that there were some residual parts left of the program after I uninstalled it. It is working fine now.

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>TimZane wrote:
    Thank you very much for the helpful advise. I had replaced McAfee and I guess that there were some residual parts left of the program after I uninstalled it. It is working fine now.
    <hr></blockquote>That is good News..
    Thank you for your Feedback..

naivemelody Guest

Good going Prof_Fate (finally got your name ), couldn't have done it any better myself :0. That's a two head count for me - one Nort.. bit the dust / one McA... bit the dust - thru a disciple. Norton and McAfee
    are so commonly pre-installed on most pc/laptop's it's frighteningly - 'profitable for them and sad for the average simple user who believes that the simple uninstall - is enough' or 'is unaware of the need to un-install - at all.'<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 8-21-07 - I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 09-05-2007 11:06 PM

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>NaiveMelody wrote:
    Good going Prof_Fate (finally got your name ), couldn't have done it any better myself :0. That's a two head count for me - one Nort.. bit the dust / one McA... bit the dust - thru a disciple. Norton and McAfee
    are so commonly pre-installed on most pc/laptop's it's frighteningly - 'profitable for them and sad for the average simple user who believes that the simple uninstall - is enough.'<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 8-21-07 - I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 08-21-2007 09:17 PM
    <hr></blockquote>Thank you,
    Now go up to the Blackboard and place
    2 Gold stars next to your name..
    You got my Vote for the next Guru..

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Prof_Fate wrote:
    You got my Vote for the next Guru..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LoL, NaiveMelody is a GURU already but for technical reasons they moved back to Senior, he couldn't post anymore in the board!!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information