Thread: Zone alarm pro freezes

bmfhsf Guest

Default Zone alarm pro freezes

Since ive installed za pro, its had this problem. when i go to open za the window freezes and will not respond to any thing. i try to end the task using task manager yet it will not do anything. sometimes the za window isnt fully there only portions of it, like the outline of the window and an icon or something. ive uninstalled it and everything is fine. i also noticed that the task bar for different windows could not be right clicked. ive recently upgraded my hardware and installed a fresh copy of XP Pro with sp2. ive got max registry cleaner and also their spyware software.

whats going on?

Default Re: Zone alarm pro freezes

Hi!not sure what is the problem, however you should note that the brand you have choosen for spyware detection and registry checking is of dubious repute. Never install appplication that are not very well known.See here for example: http://www.f-secure.com/sw-desc/max_...detector.shtmlI would also doubt very much on their registry tool (IMO).There are free and very well known utilities that can safely deal with the registry, such as, ccleaner (www.ccleaner.com)Registry is key to the good functioning of the system and easy to mess up.On ZA, once you have removed the above software, try to fully remove ZA and reinstall, see intruction here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103Hope this helpsCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bmfhsf Guest

i did as you said and it is still doing the same thing.

cwallen Guest

I also have this problem.
    When I open ZA (restore ZA from the task bar) it hangs for while, like 5 or 10 minutes.
    If I reboot before then, the machine comes up with ZA in limbo.
    I don't have any other AV software.
    This just started happening within the past week.
    ZA Security Suite 7.0.337.000TrueVecor security engine 7.0.337.000Driver 7.0.337.000AV engine 3.DAT file version 20070909032000AS engine 5.01.176.0 DAT file fersion 01.200709.2375AntiSpam 4.9.1.8211

cwallen Guest

i had occasion to reboot, and didn't get to the machine for a while.
    the problem did not occur at that time.
    i would be willing to suggest that if you just wait the 5 or 10 minutes after you boot to bring up the ZA UI, it will work fine.
    not a solution, but a work-around.
    it must be doing something....

Hi!Sorry to hear you have still problems... I have no further suggestion other then contacting ZA technical support at:www.zonelabs.com/tsform Please post back if you find a solution.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information