Thread: Zone Alarm Security Suite now conflicts with WebRoot Spy Sweeper. Blue Screen Disaster! New problem.

bucknaked Guest

Cool Zone Alarm Security Suite now conflicts with WebRoot Spy Sweeper. Blue Screen Disaster! New problem.

In the past I had no problems using Zone Alarm Security Suite in conjunction w/ WebRoot Spy Sweeper or Window Washer on this same notebook.
    I use Windows Vista Ultimate as my OS.

Now after installing WebRoot Spy Sweeper I get a Blue Screen stating: "Bad_Pool_Caller" upon every re-start.

I am then given the option of re-starting in Safe or Normal modes. If I re-started in Normal mode I immediately get the same "Bad_Pool_Caller" Blue Screen.

In Safe mode I was told my problem was caused by having 2 anti-virus programs running/turned on at the same time. This is not true.

My only anti-virus program is the one included w/ Zone Alarm Security Suite, which has never given me any problems in the past w/ Spy Sweeper or Window Washer.

I sent my notebook to HP under warranty to possibly solve the problem. HP found nothing wrong w/ my notebook. HP did upgrade my Bios to f27. The same Blue Screen problem continues.

Webroot sent me a link to use for installing Spy Sweeper. The same Blue Screen problem continues.

After un-installing Spy Sweeper, while in Safe mode, the Blue Screen problem ceased.

As I stated earlier I had no problems using Zone Alarm Security Suite in conjunction w/ Spy Sweeper or Window Washer in the past on this same notebook.

Window Washer & ZoneAlarm Security Suite are performing flawlessly.

I have found it beneficial to use Spy Sweeper in conjunction with Zone Alarm Security Suite.

Help ! !

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Zone Alarm Security Suite now conflicts with Spy Sweeper. Blue Screen Disaster! New problem.

Presently there is a huge incompatibility between ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite and Spy Sweeper while running VISTA. Until this matter is resolved, I would recommend keeping one product uninstalled.

NNard

Default Re: Zone Alarm Security Suite now conflicts with Spy Sweeper. Blue Screen Disaster! New problem.

Hi!please follow NNard advice, SS and ZASS do not play nice toghether as well as they cover similar areas and conflicts even if not evident will always happen. SS provides little added value to the protection of ZASS (apart from detecting cookies and dead left overs), but if you want to use SSatany cost you will need to remove ZASS and activate the windows firewall or downgrade from ZASS to ZAPRO.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

forum_moderator Guest

Hello,

ZoneAlarm is aware of the issue between our Vista version only and Spy Sweeper.
    We are working with them to fix the problem.

There is no ETA when it will be fix.

Forum Moderator

Message Edited by Forum-Moderator on 09-12-2007 12:44 PM

cjmeow Guest

So.... lemme see if I've got this straight:
    (1) There's a fatal conflict between ZA and SpySweeper, on Vista.(2)
    You know all about it.(3)
    Although you are working on it, there's no ETA for correcting the problem.
    and therefore,(4) You don't bother to tell your users about it.
    Despite having a Vista-specific install program, you don't bother to ... oh, I don't know... maybe... CHECK AT INSTALL-TIME TO SEE IF SPYSWEEPER IS ALREADY RUNNING AND AT LEAST WARN YOUR CUSTOMERS ... no, no, that would be too much trouble, I'm sure.
    Hey, it would take one of your programmers at least 2 hours to implement that in the install program.
    And then someone else would have to test it, consuming another half-day of one software evaluator's time.
    And after all,
    if you were to actually warn us, you
    would prevent your users from having the fun opportunity of seeing the fabled Blue Screen Of Death, and would further prevent us from experiencing the grand quest of Finding The Problem on our new Vista computers, and thereby would prevent us from the ultimately satisfying experience of Wasting Many Hours Of Our Lives going through countless cycles of installing, uninstalling, wiping hard disks, and other jolly pasttimes, until we finally figure out what the problem is.
    Well, hey.
    Thanks.
    That was very considerate of you.
    Not entirely sincerely,A really seriously ticked-off former customer

Just my 2 cents...ZASS is a suite and it contains already two antipsyware engines. One by kaspersky and one by ZA own spyware scanner.If you add on top another spyware scanner you can expect conflicts.Shouldn't be your care or responsability of spysweeper company to produce a product that is compatible with main antivirus programs on the market?Did you actually complained with SS technical support????I got rid of SS long time ago... IMO its bloated, ineffective and lost all of its original developers.BUT it has a very good marketing departement and still selling a lot....Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information