Thread: After upgrade to ZA Free 7.0.408.000 no connections between computers, internet is OK

robertb Guest

Default After upgrade to ZA Free 7.0.408.000 no connections between computers, internet is OK

I've 3 computers with Windows XP home edition
    on
    a small network, with a Wireless Access Point and a separate modem. It worked
    OK till I upgraded ZA Free
    last week to version 7.0.408.000. After that I could not make a connection beween my computers any more, but each computer was still able to access the internet. When I try to make a connection between
    my own computers I get a message like this (roughly translated): " An error occurred with the renewal of the connection to (e.g.) U:\\P2300\d . Microsoft Windows Network: Insufficient
    storage space
    on the server availlable to execute this instruction. The connection is not established."Can anybody give me an idea what is going on - and what can I do about it?Thanks for any help.Rob

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: After upgrade to ZA Free 7.0.408.000 no connections between computers, internet is OK

Do you have your LAN subnet in the trusted zone?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

robertb Guest

Default Re: After upgrade to ZA Free 7.0.408.000 no connections between computers, internet is OK

Yes, Hoov,
    I had.In the meantime, because I got no reaction, I posted my question in the "installation" segment. There I got a reponse by Godown
    to look at http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...sage.id=72397. This guy had the same problem and had to go back to the 7.0. ZA version. I did the same thing, and everything is in working order again. The only problem is now: how do I know when this isue is solved?Anyway, thanks for your reaction!Rob

Not sure when you can tell. But I would give the next version to be released a shot.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

jthunter Guest

I have tried to download and install 408 on two different XP Pro machines. I keep getting an error message saying it is "not a valid Win32 application." Considering what I've been reading in the other forums, maybe it's a good thing it didn't work!

Thread Information