Thread: Opening FTP port

dadralph Guest

Default Opening FTP port

Seems I always receive message "Internet Explorer can not display this page".
    Do I need to open FTP port and if so how do I do this???

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

watcher Guest

Default Re: Opening FTP port

Dear dadralph:

Can you tell me what website you were visiting when you get this message? If this is for browsing only, the protocol you are using is HTTP or HTTPS, not FTP, though you can use IE for FTP sites as well. Anything you request should not be blocked unless you've configured ZAPRO to explicitly block traffic. ZAPRO uses stateful packet inspection to block unsolicited inbound traffic from the Internet.

Check your settings for IE as you may have configured it to block ActiveX, javascript, JAVA, VBscript, etc., which would prevent the browser from displaying the page properly.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

dadralph Guest

Hi Watcher, Thank you for the info.
    I shut down ZAPro but it still does not work.
    I was trying to access links in a HP Newsgram, but it also does not work in a lot of sites.
    Could you please be a little more specific on how to make adjustments in IE.
    Ralph

watcher Guest

Dear dadralph:

Sure. Open IE, click Tools menu, then click Internet Options, then the Security tab. Click on the Internet icon so it is highlighted. By default, it is set to Medium security. If not, click the Default Level button to reset it. If it is already set to Medium, click the Custom Level button. Here you can configure IE how to handle ActiveX, scripts, and Java applets. First, though, try this. In the same tab, click on the Trusted sites icon, then click the Sites button, add the problematic website, then click the Add button, and OK twice. By default, Trusted sites is set to Low security.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

dadralph Guest

Hi Watcher, Thank you.
    I placed the site in Trusted Sites and it worked.
    I have worked on this a lot the past week and you put me in the right direction.

Again thank you.

Ralph

Thread Information