Hello,

This is my first post on the ZA forum.

We have a small LAN set up at home with a wired and wireless component. Each PC runs ZA and has a static IP which is declared in the ZA firewall (each PC has a mirror image of the trusted zone installed. By installing ZA on each PC we have effectively creating a second firewall against intrusion over and above that provided by our WRT54G Linksys router (attached to the DSL high speed modem as default gateway).

Behind this we have a cascaded BEFSR41 defaulting as a high speed switch via the uplink port and connected to a port on the WRT54G.

There are two Windows 2000 PCs and my machine running XP SP3. (The wireless is used by my son when he is home from university via his laptop).

Recently, with probably the last two version updates of ZA, I have noticed that our work group lists fluctuate with one PC often not in the work group even though it is part of and defined in the work group.

If I disable ZA on this particular PC and wait for the router table to update and the windows software to update the work group, eventually this PC will appear.

If I re-launch ZA on the 'lost' PC after it reappears in the work group and then connect to any of the other PCs (or vice versa), the connections work fine. We can share printers, files etc.

However, with each re-boot of the PCs or the LAN, this Windows 2000 PC often (but not always) disappears.

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen and what I need to do to correct it?

Please advise.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)