Thread: Why was my post of yesterday Deleted

xrayspex Guest

Default Why was my post of yesterday Deleted

Early this a.m.
    I posted about completely removing MailFrontier from ZA Free in the Installation, Uninstall and Upgrade board.I came back today to find it missing.Why? I said nothing contentious in it and it would be useful to many users.

xrayspex Guest

Default Re: Why was my post of yesterday Deleted

This happened again today, when I tried to repost it. It disappeared within minutes of being posted.
    Would someone, please, tell me what is going on?
    Is there some automatic deletion algorithm that is flawed and is removing innocuous posts?
    This is purely an innocent post that is intended just to give useful information to other users of ZA Free.
    Did I use some innocent word that the system wrongly interprets as "obscene"? I know of no content that could be construed as ambiguous in this way.

You are telling people how to modify the installation of ZoneAlarm. This is contrary to the policy of the board. It is a bad idea to start playing with the installation of security software. You may not like that parts are installed, but if you read the EULA, you agree to it. Now I am not a lawyer, and I also didn't do the deletions, but chances are this is why it was done.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

xrayspex Guest

Thanks, Hoov, at least that gives me a reason, tho' I might not agree with it.
    My point was that I was just completing what was already partially here, like :
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=42348
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...essage.id=7667
    (Oldsod thought this excellent :8} )

xrayspex Guest

When you are found guilty of something, it helps to know what the charge is, so that you can take steps in future not to re-offend! :0

Thread Information