Thread: Sudden error message "Validation failed for VSUTIL.dll

diverse Guest

Default Sudden error message "Validation failed for VSUTIL.dll

ZA Internet Suite on Dell B-130 notebook. Was working on line on another streaming program when ZA message box was displayed with error message "Validation failed for C:\Windows\System32\VSUTIL.dll". I continued working and then shut down normally. Next time I started the computer the same message box is displayed. Zone Alarm will not start or allow any ZA function.
    Reinstalled ZA on about Sept 9 due to disk failure. Using latest update. No problems since last install. Now also having problems browsing with IE 6. Do not know if the browsing problem and the ZoneAlarm problem are related.
    Advice and suggestions appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

diverse Guest

Default Re: Sudden error message "Validation failed for VSUTIL.dll

Addition to previous message. When I try to reinstall ZA I get halted by error message "Validation failed for c:\Windows\System32\VSMONAPI.dll.
    How can I keep ZA from starting on boot up so I can remove it and reinstall?

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi, Welcome to the Forum! PLEASE go to the following thread and hopefully it will solve your problem, if not PLEASE post back, THANKS. http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...ion_error.html SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

4. Default Re: Sudden error message "Validation failed for VSUTIL.dll

I followed the instructions for the digital signature for vsutil.dll until I get the message that "The import was successful". But, when I do it again I still see the messages that "The digital signature did not verify" and "The digital signature is not valid".
    Still the same "validation failed" message on start-up.
    Any suggestions?

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi, PLEASE go to the following thread and PLEASE follow the "EXACT INSTRUCTIONS".

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=48347

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

6. Default Re: Sudden error message "Validation failed for VSUTIL.dll

Thanks
    for your help. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I followed the instructions and was able to delete all but one file. Then the computer locked up on boot up. Since then I have been in a dispute with Dell tech support. They say that the original read error which required a chkdisk repair was an unknown act of God and even though it was the third such error is not due to Dell's hardware. They maintain this position even though they can't get the computer working properly. So, I'm down for awhile. But, according to PC Magazine's user satisfaction survey other computer makers aren't much better. At least Dell answers the phone promptly.

porteron Guest

The post you're linking to has been deleted.
    Can you post the instructions again?

Thread Information