Thread: Sluggish boot up and shut down

bettom Guest

Default Sluggish boot up and shut down

Hello: I'm a new registrant and poster. My question is whether or not the Zone Alarm firewall could be slowing up my non-internet computer navigating. I run XP SP2, 800 MHZ, 896 MB of RAM, 20 GB harddrive (of which 8.9 GB are free) and regularly use Ccleaner, Easy Cleaner, Windows Defender Antispy, and Lava Adaware cleaning systems. I use a cable modem for my broad band. Various commands (like "Open" on Outlook Express) have recently slowed considerably and the reboot and shut down process is maddeningly slow. A friend recently was told that his use of the new Zone Alarm 7.0.403 firewall was the primary cause of his computer slowdown??? Anyone experienced the same kinds of slowdown?Bettom

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

needtono Guest

Default Re: Sluggish boot up and shut down

Hi I am new to this forum and thankful that it is here. I run window xp pro with zone alarm security suite 7 with a older amd duran processor. My system also bootup very slow maybe about 4 min. I no the processor is older
    but it bootup ok with other brands of protection.(CONFUSED).

needtono

docperk Guest

Default Re: Sluggish boot up and shut down

I was having the same problem even with a Dual Core machine.
    ZA was taking about 5 minutes or more to load and programs were extreamly slow to open.
    I did a complete uninstall and a new clean install and now everything seams much better.
    Doc

Thread Information