I have been a zone alarm user for years. All of a sudden, a conflict between zone alarm and two other programs that I also have faithfully used. One, Perfect Disk, has been mentioned on this forum. I contacted Tech Support after Perfect Disk told me to try uninstalling zone alarm. It worked. I tried installing the free version of zone alarm. Same problem.

My responses from zone alarm tech support are, at best, condescending. They claim to already have investigated and found they are not the cause. Funny, because I downloaded an old version of zone alarm, which works fine with the other programs. So, you tell me what program changed the way it operates. Doesn't take a computer tech, it takes common sense.

While polite, tech support basically denied that they could possibly be the cause of the problem. The program on my computer that changed most recently was zone alarm and that's when the problem started. Perfect disk doesn't need access to the internet to defrag my drives, so the first response from tech support was an implication that I didn't know how to configure zone alarm to work. Not the case, never has been. I have never been here because I have never had a problem.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro