Thread: Scheduled Scan Failed

neils Guest

Default Scheduled Scan Failed

Hello All,

I am using a trail version of Internet Security 2007 7.0.4.08. I have scheduled scans for both antivirus and spyware beginning Thursday and repeating daily. Well it is Friday 8:04 am and nothing got scanned while I was using the PC. Nothing noted in the logs or alarms. How can I find out why the scan didn't start and correct this problem?

Thanks..

Neil

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

neils Guest

Default Re: Scheduled Scan Failed

Are scheduled scans supposed to work in the trial versions? I just ordered ZA over the Internet. I am wondering if this was a good idea. I never had this many problems with Trend Micros.

Thanks..

Neil

kermit Guest

Default Re: Scheduled Scan Failed

I'm not sure that the schedule option works correctly in the registered version. The ZA folks sure missed out on the user friendly award in a number of areas. It took me several attempts to find the darn option. I've set mine to run on my laptop at 0000 hours on Tuesday(once a week). Today is Wed and I noticed that it had started running at 22:22 hours (I assume this was last night) and ran for a duration of 20 hours. If it runs at night as I desire I don't have a problem but if it is running while I'm trying to use the system as it did today I'm screwed. ZA consumes my entire system and leaves almost zero resources for me. It would be SUPER nice if ZA would not run or drop to consume no more than 10% of my system when using it. I'm starting to explore the idea of finding another offering. (WinXP, 2GB RAM)

Thread Information