Thread: Zone Alarm Pro 7.* is now blocking internet connection after an automatic mozilla firefox update

rkertzner Guest

Default Zone Alarm Pro 7.* is now blocking internet connection after an automatic mozilla firefox update

Zone Alarm Pro 7.0.337.000 (windows XP) was working fine with Firebox browser until this evening, when Firefox automatically updated itself to Firefox 2.0.0.8. Now I have to close ZA Pro to make establish an internet connection.

Any advice?

Thanks!

RK

Operating System:Windows XP Pro x64
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Zone Alarm Pro 7.* is now blocking internet connection after an automatic mozilla firefox update

I hope this..

Operating System: Windows XP Pro x64

... is incorrect. The ZA does not work on 64 bit Operating systems, just on the 32 bit Operating Systems.

To fix your Firefox problem is easy.
    Just open the ZA Program list and remove the Firefox entry.
    Reboot and open the Firefox.
    Allow the accesses in the ZA alerts and then open the ZA Program list.
    Give the Firefox three green bars, both Trusted and Internet Access and rights for the Trusted Server.

Once the Firefox was updated, the files changed in size and sums. The ZA still looked at the old sums and could not see the new sums- the file locations are still the same. It was waiting for the old Firefox.
    This happens with many firewalls and will happen with other applications such as the IE when it gets updated or others.

Cheers, Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 10-19-2007 11:40 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

rkertzner Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Pro 7.* is now blocking internet connection after an automatic mozilla firefox update

Thanks for your input!

I discovered an alternate solution: I found a more recent update of Zone Alarm Pro, made a "clean" installation, and directed the updated Zone Alarm Pro to allow a Firefox connection.

Appreciate your prompt response!

R Kertzner

You are welcome, rkertzner.

That will work too or using the advice given in the Corrupt ZA Logs link below.
    Glad it works ok now.
    Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information