Thread: RAXCO Software and Zone Labs programers: What's going on with this?

clar Guest

Default RAXCO Software and Zone Labs programers: What's going on with this?

In narrowing down my software problems, using ZA's recommendations, I wrote to RAXCO, thinking that the problem was their software, but the tech pointed me to their knowledge base and the below info came up!Please, any ZA rep. respond.
    My renewal is coming up soon.
    I need to know if a solution to this is forthcoming or not.
    While I use PefectDisk with vigor, my system hasn't "crashed" , but certainly has locked up and gone wild.
    It appears that the culprit is this scan file ZA uses.
    Please respond.
    I'm exhausted from this come and go problem with ZA Internet suite.Clarence
    Article Title: ZoneAlarm causes Windows to crash when the Optimize Drive component of PerfectDisk Rx Suite is run. Article Details: ZoneAlarm causes Windows to crash when the Optimize Drive component of PerfectDisk Rx Suite is run. This is caused by a bug with the ZoneAlarm driver srescan.sys. Raxco has reported the bug with srescan.sys to Zone Labs for resolution.

Please note that this is not a problem with PerfectDisk. This issue is due to a 3rd party driver that is not working correctly when PerfectDisk is installed.<hr>Please contact support if this did not resolve your question/issue.
    <hr>Knowledge Base ID: 616 Last Update: 08/07/07 Product: PerfectDisk
    Rx Suite Version: 1.0 Windows Version: Windows XP,Windows 2000 Drive Format: Article Type: Problem/Issue Product Status: Supported - Product is currently being sold/distributed and is actively maintained.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: RAXCO Software and Zone Labs programers: What's going on with this?

If you want a response from anyone inside ZA, you need to e-mail tech support. We are all just users here. Does the program you are talking about have the ability to leave certain files and folders alone?And just so that you know I use Diskeeper with ZAISS with no problem. And it sounds like Perfectdisk and Diskeeper both do much the same thing.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

womanamrine Guest

Geeze. I'm so upset by this that I mis-spelled my user name. Any way to fix that?

Anyhow, I just had to uninstall Zone Alarm Pro because of this conflict with Perfect Disk. I am awaiting a response from Zone Alarm tech support. In the meantime I thought I might find something here.

Any work arounds?

clar Guest

Workaround, if you have the problem, may be to have PerfectDisk skip that ZA scanning file.I took the issue to ZA techs.
    The reply was that the problem doesn't exist and to use the latest published version.
    I am.
    The latest version worked very fine for me with good, what I consider to be &quot;normal&quot; time bootups until ZA gave me the message with words to the effect:
    &quot;ZA has monitored your internet use activities and is ready to turn on the highest securtity features&quot; sompin like that.
    Anyway, I gave it the go ahead, and BLAM!
    Now boot up time has slowed to around eight to ten minutes!
    I've experienced this sort of activity from ZONE Alarm security Suite for this currect paid period and have had it.The kicker is that it was the same way on my old machine as it is on my new machine.
    No difference!So, I won't be renewing.
    Thinking about the Ad-watch firewall at the moment.Good luck with fixing your problem, mate.

womanamrine Guest

I have a workaround. I uninstalled zone alarm pro and went back to an old version. Seems to work for now, will wait for a response from tech support.

womanamrine Guest

Got an unsatisfactory response from zone alarm tech support. They claim to have investigated and resolved the issue. Wrong. I guess there will be no help from there.

If they have resolved it, it may not come out until the next release.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information