Thread: Starting notebook, entering internet system stands for 2 min

nogly Guest

Default Starting notebook, entering internet system stands for 2 min

While first start of computer I have to wait for 2 min to enter the www by explorer w7.A second or third try is good and no problem is shown. After shut down the system andrestart it the problem appears.I am running zonealarm pro and XP. No system changes since months but this effect is newfor the last few weeks.Is there anyone helping with an advice?Thanks in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

watcher Guest

Default Re: Starting notebook, entering internet system stands for 2 min

Dear Nogly:

darkkronus posted a fix to a slow boot with ZAPRO which didn't work for me but what it did, when I tried it, was stop the intial delay and high CPU utilization when first accessing an Internet site. This time period, from around a half minute to several minutes, prevents any other tasks from being performed while it is happening and it was during this period that the RAM increased to the higher level. All you have to do is turn off the Spy Site Blocking feature. To do this, click the Anti-spyware panel, Spy Site Blocking tab, and enable Off. See if this works for you. You can always turn it back to On if it doesn't.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Thread Information