Thread: Should I stay with 7 or get 7.1

Hybrid View

joppa Guest

Default Should I stay with 7 or get 7.1

I have ZA Security Suite 7.0 on my PC, a Dell Dimension 2400 with XP Home.
    It's time for me to renew my license. Virus and Spyware scan disappeared from my menu. I reinstalled, and they were still not there. Is this because my license renewal is due?
    I also have a laptop, a Compaq Presario, which has Vista. I can't put it on the Internet, so I'd have to download the program and burn a disk to transfer it.
    Will 7.1 also work on my PC with Windows XP Home?
    Does the 7.1 download give me an option to close instead of installing or does it install automatically?
    Can updates be downloaded to the PC and transferred?
    Thank you.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Should I stay with 7 or get 7.1

In regards to versions available - currently there are two "seperate" lines of ZA products: the original -more popular XP/2000 pc line(that's what you have) is up-to-date with 7.0.337 / (7.0.362) + 7.0.408*. The versions ONLY for Vista is 7.1 =exclusively. Even thou the number is higher, it is not "better", it is not an upgrade/improvement over the 7.0.337
    or 7.0362
    or 7.0.408 that you and everybody else with XP pc's have. It's just two distinguishing call numbers, that's all, yes.<hr>Hello,
    7.1 wil be exclusive to Vista only.
    7.0 (XP/2000) . = This is applies to all current XP/2000 subscribers. Do not attempt to install 7.1 on your XP/2000 pc .

Forum Moderator<hr>1- have you properly un-installed any previous firewall and/or anti-virus?? = this needs to be done - http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=154
    . Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZA firewall product.2 - did you use any download managers or web accelerators( often used with dial-up) = [these conflict with ZA
    = should not be used]? during ZA install3 - please list other security software -
    ex. - anti-spyware: Spysweeper, SpywareDoctor, SpyCatcher, Windows Defender,

etc.= these should be shut-off/ shut-down
    prior to installing ZA,
    monitoring/performance software - system mechanics, norton utilties/ backups/ ghosts4 - did you use Internet Explorer 6/ 7 or Firefox or others to download? IE 6/ 7 is preferred.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 11-1-07 - Photograph - Ringo Starr

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 11-01-2007 09:23 PM

Thread Information