Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZASS 7.1.248.000 and Vista.. Hows it working for you??

raideron Guest

Default ZASS 7.1.248.000 and Vista.. Hows it working for you??

Hi all,
    How do you like ZASS / Vista??? Is the missing components
    ( ZASS-
    XP verses Vista version)not needed as is
    said?? What's your thoughts on this subject?
    I know I posted "sort" of the same question before, But was hoping for a few more repliesnow that 7.1.248 is a
    ZA release for Vista...
    My XP version has ran great, But I only have5 days remaining on my subscription and a new computer on mind that will be
    on Vista..I guess other ZA products will cover what's missing in the
    Vista version, But do I needto buy two product to cover Vista at the same level as an XP version ZASS??
    Thanks for any and all replies
    Ron

Default Re: ZASS 7.1.248.000 and Vista.. Hows it working for you??

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Raideron wrote:
    Hi all,How do you like ZASS / Vista??? Is the missing components( ZASS-XP verses Vista version)not needed as issaid?? What's your thoughts on this subject?I know I posted "sort" of the same question before, But was hoping for a few more repliesnow that 7.1.248 is aZA release for Vista...My XP version has ran great, But I only have5 days remaining on my subscription and a new computer on mind that will beon Vista..I guess other ZA products will cover what's missing in theVista version, But do I needto buy two product to cover Vista at the same level as an XP version ZASS??Thanks for any and all repliesRon
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Not to Worry.. ZASS 7.1.248.000 for Vista Runs Smoothly for me
    Here is a List of improvements..<P class=headblack2><A id=7.1.248.000 name=7.1.248.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 7.1.248.000<P class=headblack2>http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.html

Note: these notes also apply to ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm (free firewall) when applicable. For example, improvements to anti-spyware do not apply to our AntiVirus product, but do apply to Suite and Pro that both include anti-spyware features.<UL class=body><LI>ZoneAlarm Pro now available for Windows Vista. <LI>Performance improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Improved system boot time <LI>Included a new anti-spyware engine <LI>Fixed problems with AV on dual-core and hyper-threaded machines. </LI>[/list]<LI>Stability improvements in anti-virus: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional hangs in advanced dialog window <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during scan <LI>Fixed occasional hangs after repair of archive (or similar) on CD. </LI>[/list]<LI>Additional Stability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown <LI>Fixed occasional hangs in UpdClient. <LI>Fixed various install and upgrade issues <LI>Fixed window activation issue associated with automatic updates </LI>[/list]<LI>Compatibility: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed compatibility issue with Intuit Software <LI>Fixed compatibility issue with AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) <LI>Fixed compatibility issue with Webroot </LI>[/list]<LI>Anti-virus improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed anti-virus signature versions not showing, <LI>Don't reschedule AV updates after initial update completes <LI>Fixed renamed items not appearing properly in the AV treatment dialog </LI>[/list]<LI>Anti-spyware improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New anti-spyware engine <LI>Fixed issue where AS updates reported the client up to date when the client had no internet access </LI>[/list]<LI>Ease-of-use improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New: Added Automatic Network Configuration to Wizard (will automatically add Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers and, mapped network drives to trusted zone) <LI>Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours </LI>[/list]<LI>Customization improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Made AV/AS update frequency configurable <LI>Added Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray). <LI>Various other fixes and improvements </LI>[/list]</LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2><A id=7.1.078.000 name=7.1.078.000 target=_blank></A>New and improved ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 7.1.078.000<UL class=body><LI>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite is compatible with Windows Vista <UL class=body><LI>Due to the different needs and functionality of this new operating system, ZoneAlarm features and functionality on 2000/XP and Vista may differ. The following features are not available on Vista: Privacy control, IM Security, ID Lock, and Parental control Web site filtering </LI>[/list]<LI>Various maintenance items and quality improvements </LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2>---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.248.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.248.000
    Driver version:7.1.248.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:943629581
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3235
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi!
    working very well here...
    Due to the missing features I have complemented it with ZAForceField.

Very secure setup.

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

raideron Guest

Thank you both again for your replies!
    I'm still in the air on this.
    I'd like to
    update my subscription to the
    3 computer sub. soas to use on new Dell XPS 420/Vista also
    which I would order with no FW/AV installed...
    But...
    going through these ZASS/Vista post... Has got me thinking of letting Dell installthe
    FW/AV that I had before ZASS?????????????
    George... You love your HP??
    Thanks again guys!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Raideron wrote:
    Thank you both again for your replies!I'm still in the air on this. I'd like toupdate my subscription to the3 computer sub. soas to use on new Dell XPS 420/Vista alsowhich I would order with no FW/AV installed...But...going through these ZASS/Vista post... Has got me thinking of letting Dell installtheFW/AV that I had before ZASS?????????????George... You love your HP??Thanks again guys!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..Here are a few Tips of Restoring your Old DELL settings..How do I restore my Dell Notebook to it's Factory Settings?http://support.dell.com/support/topi...toggle=&amp;dl=http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hard..._21783207.htmlGood luck..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.248.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.248.000
    Driver version:7.1.248.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:943672206
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3235
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Hi!
    ZASS for VISTA is as stable as the latest XP version (at least here)
    Moreover you don't have heavier piece of code like program control and IMSecurity or the parental control (never used in my ZA life).

And apart from VISTA bugs (not related to ZA), I have mine (a DELL) working fine.
    The latest ZA forcefield 217.6 seems also OK (considering is a beta) much better than previous version 217.0

Cheers,
    Fax

raideron Guest

Thanks again fax.. I was going to just go ahead with ZASS/vista and use FF beta
    also,But once the beta is over, guess it's another cost for FF... Not sure I like that, only becauseI feel a suite should cover that, at least somewhat.. Maybe I'm missing something but Ithought there were some differences from
    the XP version
    in the virus/spyware also??
    Thanks again
    Ron

raideron Guest

Thanks George..
    I can restore my settings (somewhat if need be, but don't need too) ..
    I was meaning once I ordered the new
    Dell, instead ordering &quot;without&quot; any securitysoftware.. I would let them install one of
    their &quot;venders&quot; security programs one ofwhich I had for years before ZASS, as i have seen and heard that they have changedsomewhat in the 2007/8 versions????
    Thanks again

Hi!
    indeed when the beta will be finished most probably a new VISTA version will be available...

Cheers,
    Fax

raideron Guest

Well I went ahead and renewed my ZA
    Subscription to the 3-user.. No problemswith new key install on the XP.. 369 days remain on Sub.....
    I still have not ordered the new computer, But my thoughts now are, I'll go ahead andlet Dell install the dreaded
    &quot; Other -N- Guys -I- Security -S-
    Software -2008-.
    Since theresno cost difference if I get or
    I don't get any..
    And see how it goes and still have my 3-userto compare it to......
    Any Thoughts??
    Thanks again for your replies
    Ron

Message Edited by Raideron on 02-01-2008 02:52 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information