Thread: ZAP updates freezes my system...

hesh Guest

Default ZAP updates freezes my system...

Hi all...
    I did some searching and came across a similar problem and the user was told to update to the latest build (408). I did but I still have the problem. ZAP basically updates (the systray icon has the little arrow and the tooltip that
    pops up says something like "ZoneAlarm Pro - update is running&quot
    and I can't use my system at all. The only thing that works is the mouse. If I try clicking on things, nothing happens, but as soon as the update stops, everything I tried opening opens. Today it tried updating 3 times and each time it rendered my system useless for about 45 minutes to an hour EACH TIME. I've turned off automatic updates for now but if there's anything else I can do (other than uninstalling ZAP completely) that would be great.
    Thanks!
    WinXP SP2

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

watcher Guest

Default Re: ZAP updates freezes my system...

Dear hesh:

I'm still using v.7.0.337.000. I have automatic updating disabled. When I check weekly, I receive a message in the Update Progress dialog box stating, System up to date. You didn't list which exact version you had before 7.0.408.000 but I'm guessing the newest version isn't quite ready otherwise they would have advised their subscribers to update to it.

You could uncheck, Load ZoneAlarm Pro at startup, in the Preferences tab of the Overview panel. Reboot and try uninstalling ZAPRO, using its uninstaller off the Start menu. Reboot again, then remove any files/folders remaining, and try reinstalling it. That way, you will do a clean install rather than an upgrade. Write down your license key prior to doing this method.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Thread Information