Thread: Update Keeps Running

dlfarris Guest

Default Update Keeps Running

I have turned off automatic updates but about every 5 minutes a little white arrow pops up on the Zone Alarm System Tray icon that indicates it's running an update. This most often results in my system completely locking up in whatever I'm doing. I can't figure out how to stop this update from happening. It's happening on all my computers (5 total) in my house and it causes all of them problems. The bottom line is I don't want Zone Alarm to do anything automatically so can someone share with me all the settings I would have to change to stop all the automatic activity? Thank you so much for your assistance in advance. If I can't get this activity to stop, I'm going to have to uninstall Zone Alarm and go with another product. It's just too darn annoying.

Sincere regards,

David

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Update Keeps Running

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am very sorry that you are having issues with ZA and hopefully I will be able to help you find a solution.

PLEASE go to the following thread, THANKS

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=24740

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Default Re: Update Keeps Running

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>dlfarris wrote:
    I have turned off automatic updates but about every 5 minutes a little white arrow pops up on the Zone Alarm System Tray icon that indicates it's running an update. This most often results in my system completely locking up in whatever I'm doing. I can't figure out how to stop this update from happening. It's happening on all my computers (5 total) in my house and it causes all of them problems. The bottom line is I don't want Zone Alarm to do anything automatically so can someone share with me all the settings I would have to change to stop all the automatic activity? Thank you so much for your assistance in advance. If I can't get this activity to stop, I'm going to have to uninstall Zone Alarm and go with another product. It's just too darn annoying.

Sincere regards,

David

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the Zone Alarm User Forum..I have run ZASS 7.1.078.000 For Vista ever since it was released, and I have found the Only remedy that works for me isto Reboot the computer..If you see the Little Up Arrow over the ZA Tray Icon indicating that ZA is updating or Scanning, it may take20 to 30 minutes to shut down and reboot.. Let it alone to complete the shut down and reboot and don't cut the Poweroff..Usually ZASS for Vista will then work well for a week or so before having another problem..IMHO, The Kaspersky AV Engine in ZASS for Vista is the same as the one that caused similar problems in ZASS 7.0.362.000 for XP..For now it's something I live with, until a New Version of ZASS for Vista is available..---------------------------------------
    My Configuration:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20071107042000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200711.2775
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support