Thread: Ebay Way Way Slow After Zone Alarm Install

eclecticbuzzard Guest

Default Ebay Way Way Slow After Zone Alarm Install

I have a fast cable connection. I can surf through other websites with no problem. But when it comes to Ebay, everything I try to do is super super slow. If I turn off Zone Alarm completely, Ebay's as fast as ever. I must have Z/A set to not like Ebay. Why is Ebay so slow? Can anyone help me understand how to manage Z/A so that Ebay is its normal self? Hint: I have Cookie Control and Ad Blocking on Medium in the Privacy Settings. And I have Internet Zone Security and Trusted Zone Security on Medium on the Firewall. Thanks, John

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Ebay Way Way Slow After Zone Alarm Install

With ebay, you may have to 'allow' all cookies and ads
    /
    Under custom settings, make sure that "Banner/skyscraper ads" is UNCHECKED
    Common problem settings, sometimes some sites will not load properly and quickly without those cookies and ads also loading - any preventions slows down the whole process. Here is a
    general search of past posts - take a quick browse thru a couple of them to get some
    insights -
    http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...essage.id=8969
    . Last resort, would be to turn 'off' Privacy Protection - in entirety - but just for eBay - but see/try
    the next link below first.
    <hr>and
    - http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...d=94638#M45292
    and this too

http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/privacy.html#Top
    .<hr>and browse thru a couple here - http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...;sort_by=-date<hr>Once you get things working a bit see if you can turn Internet Zone Security &gt; back to High = as it normally should be, if not, then remember to use on Medium only when usingeBay; and you must return to 'High' for the rest of your web surfing activities. Trusted Zone is always at Medium.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 11-1-07 - For The Love Of Money - The O' Jays

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 11-01-2007 12:21 AM

eclecticbuzzard Guest

I've done everything that was suggested and still Ebay runs extremely slowly (5 to 10 minutes to go from one page to the next).
    And this is with a fast broadband connection!
    I am a heavy user of Ebay.
    I need to be able to navigate quickly through the site.
    The only way I can is by shutting down Zone Alarm.
    Any other suggestions?
    John

naivemelody Guest

Read thru one thru three - http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=153<hr>and browse thru these past posts
    for insights - http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...;sort_by=-date
    <hr>1- Please try this, temporarily,
    putting your ZA's Firewall &gt; Main &gt; Internet Zone Security - change from High to Medium does the trick. &lt;&lt;&lt;
    [ by the way - &quot;Trusted Zone Security&quot; should always be set at &quot;Medium&quot; - it's only Internet Zone Security that normally needs to left on 'High.']2 - Sometimes it's temporarily shutting off the anti-virus portion(only) .3 - Shut off all 'Privacy Protection' on main tab. No cookie/ ad blocker settings on4 - what other security software do you have?? SpySweeper, SpywareDoctor, etc. and list performance monitors, spam/pop-up blocking software, back-up utilities, etc. Please list all.<hr>Have you done this - this may help -<hr>Creating an online fraud protection profile<a target="_blank"></a>

If you are an eBay user, you can protect yourself against online fraud by storing your online credentials in Zone Labs security software. Zone Labs security software protects your profile by making sure it is only sent to authorized eBay destinations.<a target="_blank"></a>

To create your online protection profile in ZoneAlarm and ZoneAlarm Anti-virus:<div class="pSmartList1">
    1. <a target="_blank"></a>
    <div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Overview|Preferences.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]In the eBay Protection Profile area, click Password.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

The Alliance Partner Password dialog displays.<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select eBay from the Alliance Partner drop-down list.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Type your eBay password into the password and confirm fields, then click OK.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

To enter your eBay password in ZoneAlarm Pro or ZoneAlarm Security Suite:<div class="pSmartList1">
    1. <a target="_blank"></a>
    <div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select ID Lock|myVAULT, then click Add.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

The Add information to myVAULT dialog appears.<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Type a description of the item, then select eBay password from the category drop-down list.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Type your eBay password into the password and confirm fields, then click OK.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a>

Asterisks will appear in place of the data you entered and an encrypted form of your eBay password will be stored in myVAULT. The original information is not stored on your computer.<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Specify whether you want the information to be protected when using Web and E-mail.<ul>[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><div class="pSmartList1">[*]Click OK to save your changes.<hr><ul>[/list][/list]

<div class="pSmartList1"><ul>[/list]<ul>[/list]

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 11-06-2007 11:35 PM

Thread Information