Thread: PerfectDisk 8 and Zone Alarm Security Suite

pemmel Guest

Default PerfectDisk 8 and Zone Alarm Security Suite

I scanned the forum and read the posts. Didn't see a resolution to the "freeze" issue when trying to run PerfectDisk 8 so I figured my first post would not be a good one.
    Has Zone Alarm fixed this issue cause PerfectDisk is staying on my PC and if I have to uninstall Zone Alarm one more time then it is staying uninstalled. And I am a paying Zone Alarm customer.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

fudpucker Guest

Default Re: PerfectDisk 8 and Zone Alarm Security Suite

TOUCHE'. Have sent a HELP E-Mail to Zone Labs 4 or 5 days ago and NOTHING yet. Have been with them since they started. Very dissapointing. I am with you. Love Perfect Disk and their support is REAL.

I think it's the KAV included with ZAthat is clashing with PerfectDisk 8.Now, disable the anti-virus - and see it PD8 can function.

pemmel Guest

I turned off AV and ran PD, it froze at the end of its analyze routine
    Then I turned off AV and anti-spyware and ran PD, same thing, froze at the end of the analyze routine.
    I wonder if Mcafee's products behaves with PerfectDisk ? maybe it's time to leave ZA in my rearview mirror

bannor Guest

Hi there

I have been running the latest version of ZAISS (7.0.462.000) since about a month after its release, and also PerfectDisk 7 & 8 (had 7, then a couple of months ago installed version 8), all running nicely together with no problems whatsover. My OS is Windows XP Pro SP2. I know ZAISS can be a real pain in the **bleep** to get set up properly (had LOTS of fun with previous versions!), but are you sure this problem is with ZAISS?

Bannor

forum_moderator Guest

Hello,We have spoken to the makers of Perfectdisc and we have sent them copies of all our products so they may test the issue in Perfectdisc 8We are both testing and trying to reproduce the issue.Forum Moderator

Thread Information