Thread: rollback.ini scansectorlog.dat

tilt Guest

Default rollback.ini scansectorlog.dat

I have noticed the files rollback.ini and scansectorlog.dat which regenerate after deletion.Are they ZoneAlarm files? What are they for? Should they be hidden files?I have been using Zone Alarm for about 3 years and noticed these files a few months ago. I'm sure they were'nt there before. Why are they located on the C: drive and not in the Zone Alarm program folder.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

akajohndoe Guest

Default Re: rollback.ini scansectorlog.dat

And the answer is????

Particularly interested in knowing about scansectorlog.dat ...

<hr>I have noticed the files rollback.ini and scansectorlog.dat which regenerate after deletion.
    Are they ZoneAlarm files? What are they for? Should they be hidden files?
    I have been using Zone Alarm for about 3 years and noticed these files a few months ago. I'm sure they were'nt there before. Why are they located on the C: drive and not in the Zone Alarm program folder.<hr>

<hr>And the answer is????

Particularly interested in knowing about scansectorlog.dat ...<hr>

These are files both used by ZA for the antivirus scanner. The rollback.ini is for rolling back the antivirus definitions in the event of a v ery corrupt definitions database. I am unsure about the scansectorlog.dat file, although any .dat is a data file (test, graphics, binary, etc). Both files should be viewable in the notepad.exe and can be possiblely read and then better understood.

These are on the c:\ or the root direcorty probably because if these are ever needed or to be used , this is the proper file location. Usually the root directory can give easier/ready access the other directories.

Cheers. Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

akajohndoe Guest

Anyone with more info on scansectorlog.dat? Mine has a datestamp of January 25, 2008, so I do not think it to be a ZoneAlarm file ....

akajohndoe Guest

I deleted the scansectorlog.dat file on the 15th and it has not (yet) come back.

Which ZA are you using? The ZA free has no need for any of the additional ZAISS files.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

tilt Guest

I'm using the full ZAISS obtained via Trialpay.com for free in exchange for trying out one of their offers.
    When looking at the scansectorlog.dat file in notepad there is a lot of unreadable code language followed by
    A disk read error occurred
    NTLDR is missing
    NTLDR is compressed
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
    I 've never actually seen this message appear on my screen and I'm not having any boot up or hard disk problems so why the scansectorlog.dat file says this I don't understand.

akajohndoe Guest

I'm using ZoneAlarm AntiVirus 7.1.248.000.

I saw the same contents in the file (before I deleted it).

Thread Information