Thread: ESET Smart Security 3.0 and ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.0

Hybrid View

runwinged Guest

Default ESET Smart Security 3.0 and ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.0

I found a compatibility problem between ESET Smart Security 3.0 and ZoneAlarm
    Internet
    Security
    Suite 7.0 in Windows XP Sp2.Appearance: Under
    both Anti-softwares runing in my
    OS,
    When I run a download software, my computer is going to be a blue screem.Firstly, I think there is a problem between ESS3.0
    and that download software. but finally i found after uninstall the zonealarm, everything will be ok.However, i still believe ZoneAlarm is the best one
    of the firewall produces in the world, so i want to leave Zonealarm in my computer in my computer with ESS 3.0.So anyone can help me solve this problem or hope ess3.0 or zonealarm solve that problem in the furture release!

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by runwinged on 11-21-2007 02:57 PM

Message Edited by runwinged on 11-21-2007 02:58 PM

oldshep Guest

Default Re: ESET Smart Security 3.0 and ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.0

ESS 3.0 is a full suite with firewall and AV (and antispam). ZA ISS is also a full suite with firewall and AV (and other things). So I'm not surprised you are seeing conflicts, especially if you haven't disabled several of the modules in each suite. Conventional wisdom says do not run 2 firewalls or 2 AV programs
    simultaneously. If you want to run NOD 32 AV and ZA firewall, I would suggest using ZA Antispyware (full firewall without AV) along with EAV 3.0 or Nod32 2.7. My understanding is that Eset is still working out some bugs in their new EAV 3.0 so if you want to avoid any problems, you might go with NOD 32 V2.7 for a while until EAV 3.0 gets sorted. My desktop has been running ZA AS and Nod32 for ~9 months now without problems.
    Oldshep

naivemelody Guest

runwinged, pay attention - on any pc/laptop there should be only one
    running firewall, and only one running anti-virus - anymore than one will give big conflicts/ problems/ blue screen = bad. It sounds good to have more, but in the pc virutual world - it is not good, not viable. Having two different security suites is recipe for diseaster - do not attempt ever again.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel. - http://www.firewallguide.com/software.htm<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel. - http://www.firewallguide.com/anti-virus.htm<hr>You must properly un-install one of the suites. See this test review of ESET from PCMag - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2215476,00.asp
    &quot;So-so ability to recognize spyware. Failed to block or remove many spyware samples it detected. Very basic firewall. Too many valid e-mail messages identified as spam.&quot;<hr><hr>Test review of ZA Suite 7 - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2087467,00.asp<hr>Best bet, keep ZA Suite - properly un-install ESET.
    If you really like NOD anti-virus over Kaspersky av; you can configure with ZA Free, ZA Anti-spyware, ZA Pro with a stand-alone NOD av - but that is another story, yes. You may have to start from scratch to clear up your complicated situation, and you must decide what you really want.<hr>:0NaiveMelody NYC 11-21-07 - Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 11-22-2007 01:50 AM

oldshep Guest

LOL, I wish I had said that
    Timing is everything.
    Oldshep

naivemelody Guest

, yeah, I was first in line. Glad to hear your on top of things anyways, and that you have personal experience with these softwares gives better perspective. Keep up the good work, here.

runwinged Guest

Thanks for Everyone's help!!!

:&gt;

Thread Information