Thread: Trouble after Security Suite 7.0.337.000 upgrade

Hybrid View

mohawk Guest

Default Trouble after Security Suite 7.0.337.000 upgrade

Since upgrading to 7.0.337.000, ZA will not update antivirus and when I scan, an error message comes up which disables True Vector (whatever that is). Today, it would
    not scan the antivirus section at all.
    Also, after doing a spyware scan it detected 14 spys.
    So it had let 14 spys onto my PC!
    Thirdly, I used to have Outlook scheduled to come on at Start Up, but if I do that now, a message says I have to restart Outlook in order for ZA to check for
    dodgy email.
    Can anyone help with these queries please?
    Thanks in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Trouble after Security Suite 7.0.337.000 upgrade

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Mohawk wrote:
    Since upgrading to 7.0.337.000, ZA will not update antivirus and when I scan, an error message comes up which disables True Vector (whatever that is). Today, it would not scan the antivirus section at all.Also, after doing a spyware scan it detected 14 spys. So it had let 14 spys onto my PC!Thirdly, I used to have Outlook scheduled to come on at Start Up, but if I do that now, a message says I have to restart Outlook in order for ZA to check fordodgy email.Can anyone help with these queries please?Thanks in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..You have Downloaded an Old Version with lots of know Bugs that have been Fixed in the Current Release..And After you download 7.0.462.000 you need to go to ZA Menu Overview/Preferences and Uncheck "Load ZASS on Startup" then Reboot your Computer to Unload TrueVector" before Intalling the New ZASS..<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.462.000 name=7.0.462.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 7.0.462.000<UL class=body><LI>Performance improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Improved system boot time <LI>Included a new anti-spyware engine <LI>Fixed problems with AV on dual-core and hyper-threaded machines. </LI>[/list]<LI>Stability improvements in anti-virus: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional hangs in advanced dialog window <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during scan <LI>Fixed occasional hangs in after repair of archive (or similar) on CD. </LI>[/list]<LI>Additional Stability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown <LI>Fixed occasional hangs in UpdClient. <LI>Fixed various install and upgrade issues <LI>Fixed window activation issue associated with automatic updates <LI>Compatibility: Fixed compatibility issue with Intuit Software </LI>[/list]<LI>Anti-virus improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed anti-virus signature versions not showing, <LI>Don't reschedule AV updates after initial update completes </LI>[/list]<LI>Anti-spyware improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New anti-spyware engine <LI>Fixed issue where AS updates reported the client up to date when the client had no internet access </LI>[/list]<LI>Ease-of-use improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New: Added Automatic Network Configuration to Wizard (will automatically add Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers and, mapped network drives to trusted zone) <LI>Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours </LI>[/list]<LI>Customization improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Made AV/AS update frequency configurable <LI>Added Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray). <LI>Various other fixes and improvements
    </LI>[/list]</LI>[/list]Download the New 7.0.462.000 with this link..http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mohawk Guest

Thanks George.
    I need everything spelt out I am afraid!
    Do I have to uninstall the current ZA first?

forum_moderator Guest

Try un-installing by doing the following:Click Start then Run. In the Open box copy and past the following command line."C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /cleanForum Moderator

mohawk Guest

Thanks Admin.
    I have the programme 'Uninstaller' on my pc.
    Is it still best to use your method to that?
    Also, George said:-&quot;You have Downloaded an Old Version with lots of know Bugs that have been Fixed in the Current Release..And After you download 7.0.462.000 you need to go to ZA Menu Overview/Preferences and Uncheck &quot;Load ZASS on Startup&quot;
    then Reboot your Computer to Unload TrueVector&quot; before Intalling the New ZASS..&quot;
    If I first uninstall my current ZA, do I still have to &quot;go to ZA Menu Overview/Preferences and Uncheck &quot;Load ZASS on Startup&quot;
    then Reboot your Computer to Unload TrueVector&quot; before Intalling the New ZASS..&quot;

Or, will the new installation be OK as it is?
    Thanks.

Thread Information