Thread: Move ZoneAlarm Pro from old computer to new computer

bruscke Guest

Default Move ZoneAlarm Pro from old computer to new computer

I bought a new computer and used LapLink's PCmover to move my applications from my old computer to my new computer. ZoneAlarm was moved; but as the PCmover documentation warned, it didn't work on the new computer. I get a "System Error: Please Reboot" message. Rebooting doesn't solve the problem.
    The Licensing Information window shows a license number; I assume it's correct.

I am NOT trying to run ZoneAlarm on BOTH the old and new computers simultaneously. (The old computer runs too slowly to be useful on Windows so I'm going to wipe it out and try Linux on it.) All I want to do is to run ZoneAlarm Pro on my new computer ONLY.

What is the procedure to activate my ZoneAlarm application on my new computer?

Thanks
    Mark

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Move ZoneAlarm Pro from old computer to new computer

<blockquote><hr>bruscke wrote:
    I bought a new computer and used LapLink's PCmover to move my applications from my old computer to my new computer. ZoneAlarm was moved; but as the PCmover documentation warned, it didn't work on the new computer. I get a &quot;System Error: Please Reboot&quot; message. Rebooting doesn't solve the problem.
    The Licensing Information window shows a license number; I assume it's correct.

I am NOT trying to run ZoneAlarm on BOTH the old and new computers simultaneously. (The old computer runs too slowly to be useful on Windows so I'm going to wipe it out and try Linux on it.) All I want to do is to run ZoneAlarm Pro on my new computer ONLY.

What is the procedure to activate my ZoneAlarm application on my new computer?

Thanks
    Mark

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

<hr></blockquote>Welcome to the Zone Alarm Forum..
    I have not used &quot;LapLink&quot; for many years, but as I recall it only transfered Data and Programs and not Registry Setting...
    I am Assuming that Both of your Computers Are Windows XP, until after the Transfer and setup of the New Computer?
    If the New Computer is VISTA, then You are SOL.. as
    ALL
    XP versions of Zone Alarm are not Compatible with MS Vista OS..
    There are Seperate ZA 7.1.078.000 versions for Vista.. (that will need to be downloaded with the Vista Computer and
    not the XP computer..)
    If Both Computers are WinXP then you may Only need to Re-Install your ZA Installer in Upgrade mode to Register you ZA version into the New Computer Registry..
    You will need to save a copy of your Za License Key and Re-Enter it on the New computer..
    You may even be able to
    Restore your Za security Setting if all things are equal between the two computers..
    Please keep us posted with your Feedback..
    ---------------------------------------
    Here is My Configuration:
    Operating System: Windows XP SP2 Home with IE7 MS Outlook 2003
    HP Pavilion - Intel Pentium IV 3.0 GHz 2GB DDR2

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:930483406
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200711.2885
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

bruscke Guest

Thanks for your reply.
    Laplink's PCMove is a new product, not the old familiar mechanism that allows you to move files from one PC to another. PCMove largely does what it says it does; i.e., move almost everything in your old machine to your new machine.

I didn't get Vista on the new machine; this is simply a XP Pro to XP Pro move.

I couldn't find anything that resembled your instructions; so, I downloaded a &quot;trial&quot; copy and started its installation. It seemed to run the installation. I selected &quot;Upgrade&quot; it did some more installing, and then asked me to reboot. I rebooted and expected to see ZoneAlarm running. It didn't seem to be running except for the Task manager showing the following processes:

zlclient.exe
    ZCfgSvc.exe

Even so, I didn't see a ZoneAlarm icon in the task bar in the lower-right hand side of my desk top. Nor did my attempts to Start/Programs/ZoneAlarm/ZoneAlarm Security bring up the application.

I have my license key; I just can't get the application to come up so that I can enter the license key.

I didn't see any e-mail notifying me of your kind reply. If you (or anyone) can tell me what to do to get out of this stuck place would you be so kind as to e-mail me at bruscke@abax.com telling me of your reply or tellimg me to look on the Forum?

Thanks very much,
    Mark

prof_fate Guest

Try a clean unistall of the program then reinstall the program.....[*]Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs<ul>[/list][/list][*]RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.[*]Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):<ul>[/list][/list]"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe&quot; Change it to:&quot;C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe&quot; /clean

(add a space and then the /clean)[*]Click OK to save the new command line.[*]Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security [*]Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.[*]say &quot;Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.[*]Reboot[*]Now reinstall the program<ul>[/list][/list]Here is the Zone Alarm Download link to ZoneAlarm Pro..
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    ---------------------------------------
    Here is My Configuration:
    Operating System: Windows XP SP2 Home with IE7 MS Outlook 2003
    HP Pavilion - Intel Pentium IV 3.0 GHz 2GB DDR2

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:931247596
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0