Thread: ZASS cannot update the definition for anti-virus and anti-spyware

hoytshao Guest

Default ZASS cannot update the definition for anti-virus and anti-spyware

I installed ZASS for my new Thinkpad T61 laptop with Windows Vista in Aug. 2007. It was slow to shutdown the computer sometimes. I checked this forum and find the following post

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=24438

I deleted the two files (backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb), reconfigure my firewall and other settings at Nov. 16th 2007. And the slow shutdown problem is much better than before (occasionally I have to wait 10 minutes for it to shutdown) Yesterday (Nov. 27th 2007) I was warned by Windows that my anti-virus definition was out of date. So I do manually update the definition but always failed without any error message. The ZASS will show the update is in progress for a while, but end with "definition out of date" link listed there. I checked the date of my last update which is Nov. 14th 2007 for both anti-virus and anti-spyware. So that means I didn't get update after I deleted those two files. And I found I forget to check the auto-update and I checked them yesterday. But today I tried several times, still cannot update the definitions.
    Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot!

Operating System: Windows Vista Business 32bit
    Software Version: 7.1.078
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Security Suite

Operating System:Windows Vista Business
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: ZASS cannot update the definition for anti-virus and anti-spyware

Hi,PLEASE contact Tech Support and see what they say about this issue and if you would PLEASE post back with their answer they give you, THANKS.You need to contact Tech Support at

www.zonelabs.com/tsform

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information