Thread: COMPUTER FREEZING UP

silverbay Guest

Default COMPUTER FREEZING UP

Whenever Zone Alarm is doing something ie: updating etc. my computer freezes up and I have to re-boot.Have had this problem ever since I installed Zone Alarm.
    I am so fed up I am thinking of just deletingthe whole program and getting something else?Any suggestions?

I have Windows XP Home edition

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: COMPUTER FREEZING UP

1- have you properly un-installed any previous firewall and/or anti-virus?? = this needs to be done - http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=154
    . Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZA firewall product. <hr>2 - did you use any download managers or web accelerators( often used with dial-up) = [these conflict with ZA
    = and should not be used] during ZA install<hr>3 - please list other security software -
    ex. - anti-spyware: Spysweeper, SpywareDoctor, CounterSpy, SpyCatcher, Windows Defender,

etc.= these should be temporarily shut-off/ shut-down
    prior to installing
    ZA;
    monitoring/performance software - system mechanics, norton utilties/ backups/ ghosts<hr>4 - did you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6/ 7 or Firefox or others to download ZA? IE 6/ 7 is preferred for the ZA download/ install. <hr>5 - use this link to download - http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html<hr>6 - in your web browser - if it has pop-up blocker settings - adjust -
    add &quot;download.zonealarm.com&quot; to safesite/whitelist - in any pop-blocker/ cookie blocker
    software
    you may have.

Also, in Internet Explorer, if you have raised the Internet Zone to High setting, you will need to add &quot;forum.zonelabs.org&quot; to the Trusted Zone in IE, and make sure that IE's Trusted Zone is set to Medium or Low. If you have any other programs possibly blocking cookies, disable those for this site as well if you are having access problems.<hr>7 - please post back your entire security software; anti-virus {exact name and version} you currently have, all anti-spyware, performance /system/ monitoring software, backups, etc. - it helps us to know what you have - to find potential conflicting software that we have some knowledge of. Is this a first time attempt of installing ZA? Are you on a school/ university/ business/ enterprise/ or private network - where new installs/ changes are not permitted? Which version of ZA Free - 7 xxx ? Any error codes or messages?<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>Also see :http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=145<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 12-10-07 - Learning To Fly - Pink Floyd

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 12-10-2007 02:31 AM

Thread Information