Thread: How to restart vsmon? ScanningProcess?

balidave Guest

Default How to restart vsmon? ScanningProcess?

I usually keep my machine up and running and reboot only when necessary, often several weeks. But vsmon seems to have a memory leak where it gets large (I've seen up to 500 MB VM size) over time. I can't kill it with the Task Manger, and shutting down ZASS doesn't help. Is there a way short of rebooting that allows me to kill and restart vsmon?

Occasionally one of the ScanningProcess processes runs wild, and that too I cannot kill. Anyway to kill and restart that?

Thanks,
    BaliDave

ZASS 7.0.048
    Win XP Pro SP2

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: How to restart vsmon? ScanningProcess?

If vsmon.exe doesn't terminate when you shut down ZoneAlarm, then you have a problem on your hands.If that happens again, you may have to do a clean reinstallation of the software.http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlLet us know how it goes. :8}
    <BLOCKQUOTE>

</BLOCKQUOTE>

balidave Guest

Thanks -- that seemed to cure the problem: after doing the clean uninstall and reinstall, vsmon and ScanningProcess now shut down when I shut down ZA. Also, at least up to now (after a couple hours) it appears another problem of getting time outs from Eudora trying to fetch email, seems to have gone away. I'm hoping that was it.

Thanks again,
    BaliDave

Sure, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck!

Thread Information