Does ZA Pro Firewall version 7.x allow you to install ONLY the firewall and
    NOT the Anti Theft and Anti Spyware?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

watcher Guest

Default Re: ZA Pro Firewall

Dear AceH:

Not that I saw when I installed v.7.0.337.000. However, you can disable the antispyware component by clicking the Anti-spyware panel, Main tab, and enable, Off. I'm assuming you meant the identity protection when you stated the Anti Theft. Just click Identity Protection panel, Main tab, and move the slider control to Off.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>AceH wrote:
    Does ZA Pro Firewall version 7.x allow you to install ONLY the firewall andNOT the Anti Theft and Anti Spyware?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..The Short Answer is NO!If all you want is the Basic Firewall then I would recomend that You do a CLEAN Uninstall of ZAPro 6.5 and Re-Install Just the ZoneAlarm Free version 6.5Here is the Instructions for a Clean Uninstall..

Try a clean unistall of the program then reinstall the program.....

Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs
    RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.
    Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe"
    Change it to:
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean (add a space and then the /clean)
    Click OK to save the new command line.
    Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
    Reboot
    Now reinstall the ZA Free 6.5.737.000 program
    One Word of warning.. All ZAFree version 7.0.xxx now include more that just the Basic Firewall and may conflict with other Security Programs..
    Here is a download link..http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html---------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:931686702
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200712.2975
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

aceh Guest

After double checking my version of ZA Pro, I discovered I have ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.0.302.000 instead of the 6.5 version I thought I still had.
    Now I'm qualified to renew my license with the latest 7.x version.
    Thanks for the replies.
    P.S. Is it worth getting the latest version of ZA Pro?

Message Edited by AceH on 12-08-2007 07:49 PM

After double checking my version of ZA Pro, I discovered I have ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.0.302.000 instead of the 6.5 version I thought I still had. Now I'm qualified to renew my license with the latest 7.x version. Thanks for the replies.P.S. Is it worth getting the latest version of ZA Pro?

Message Edited by AceH on 12-08-2007 07:49 PM
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If your ZAPro key has not Expired yet.. it will work with the Newest ZAPro 7.0.462.000There are several Improvements to ZAPro..Here is a download link to the lastest ZAPro..http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    GeorgeV

aceh Guest

My key is still good.
    I wanted to know if the improvements to ZA Pro are worth the download.
    Even thought I don't have the latest version, my ZA Pro works like a charm and I don't like the idea of possibly messing things up with a new version.

My key is still good. I wanted to know if the improvements to ZA Pro are worth the download. Even thought I don't have the latest version, my ZA Pro works like a charm and I don't like the idea of possibly messing things up with a new version.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is all the Upgrade infor on ZAPro all the way back to your Old Version of ZAPro.
    <P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.462.000 name=7.0.462.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.0.462.000<UL class=body><LI>Performance improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Improved system boot time </LI>[/list]<LI>Additional Stability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown <LI>Fixed occasional hangs in UpdClient. <LI>Fixed various install and upgrade issues <LI>Fixed window activation issue associated with automatic updates <LI>Compatibility: Fixed compatibility issue with Intuit Software </LI>[/list]<LI>Ease-of-use improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New: Added Automatic Network Configuration to Wizard (will automatically add Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers and, mapped network drives to trusted zone) <LI>Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours </LI>[/list]<LI>Customization improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Added Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray). <LI>Various other fixes and improvements </LI>[/list]</LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.408.000 name=7.0.408.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.0.408.000<UL class=body><LI>Performance improvements in system startup and shutdown, spysite loading, the update client, and more. <LI>Stability improvements during, uninstall, while shutting down, and more. <LI>Compatibility: Fixed compatibility issues with Project 2007, Bit Torrent, and Logitech Webcam. <LI>Various usability and other improvements. </LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.362.000 name=7.0.362.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.0.362.000<UL class=body><LI>Stability and performance enhancements: Various improvements. <LI>Compatibility enhancements: Works with Netflix's Downloading service. </LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.337.000 name=7.0.337.000 target=_blank></A>New and improved ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.0.337.000<UL class=body><LI>Fixed issue where expert rules disappeared after a restart <LI>A change was made to allow per application expert rules <LI>Removed Google Desktop installation warning <LI>Some rare reports of crashing have been isolated and addressed <LI>Formatting and translation improvements on non-English products <LI>Program learning mode duration set to 21 days by default <LI>Various other fixes </LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.302.000 name=7.0.302.000 target=_blank></A>New and improved ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.0.302.000
    GeorgeV

aceh Guest

FINAL question:One improved in the latest version which caught my eye is &quot;Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours&quot;.
    What updats does this check for and can it be user defined or turned off?

Message Edited by AceH on 12-08-2007 08:35 PM

FINAL question:One improved in the latest version which caught my eye is "Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours". What updats does this check for and can it be user defined or turned off?

Message Edited by AceH on 12-08-2007 08:35 PM
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes , You can Turn it off or Configure your own Schedule for Anti-Spyware UpdatedClick on Anti-Spyware, Click the Advanced Button, then Click on "Updates" and it will let you Turn it off, or Schedule Updates hourly, every 3 houres, 6 , 12 or 24 hours..
    GeorgeV

aceh Guest

Thanks for ALL the help with this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information