Thread: Zone Alarm (free version) and PC Tune Up license key problem

marktwaincy Guest

Default Zone Alarm (free version) and PC Tune Up license key problem

I have Zone Alarm (free version) and just purchased PC Tune Up (through Zone Alarm). I got the following message when I purchased the product:

"IMPORTANT LICENSE KEY INSTALLATION INFORMATION

Correct installing of your License Key is important to avoid expiration problems!

Installing your License Key

Open the ZoneAlarm Control Center by clicking the ZoneAlarm logo in the system tray in the lower right corner of your Windows desktop. Click the "Overview" tab from the list on the left side of the Control Center screen. Then click the "Product Info" tab in the upper right portion of the screen. In the Product Info section, you will see "License Information" Click the "Change Lic" button in this section. A new window titled "License Information" will open showing your current license key.

Copy the 27 digit license key shown above on this webpage and paste it in place of any key listed in the "License Information" window open on your Windows desktop. Once you have pasted the new key, click "Apply". If you have been successful, you will get a message "Your license key was successfully installed". Congratulations, you have completed the license key installation process.

If you get an error message "Invalid License Key", you will need to contact ZoneAlarm Customer Support for further help.

Note: For error-free results, do not enter your license key by hand - Copy and Paste it."

First problem is the license key they gave me is longer than the 27 digits it says it should be. I copied the whole thing and I copied just the first 27 digits. Then I followed their instructions and keep getting "the license key you entered is not valid". I have Zone Alarm free version 7.0.408.000
    I went to Zone Alarms site and must admit, I am not sure how/who in "ZoneAlarm Customer Support" I am supposed to contact, so thought I would try this.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Zone Alarm (free version) and PC Tune Up license key problem

Hi,Welcome to the Forum!FYI there is NO LICENSE KEY for the FREE VERSION of ZA. Second you need to enter that key for the PC Tune Up program you purchased in the PC Tune Up program setup, NOT ZA. Hopefully I answered your questions, if not PLEASE post back, THANKS.SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. marktwaincy Guest

Well I guess my problem is with PC Tune Up then. Every time I try to run the set up, after the welcome screen, I hit "next" and I get that it encountered a problem and it stops. I figured it had to do with the license key thing. I guess I don't get why would my instructions say I had to put the license key in Zone Alarm.

It could be two things wrong here. Either you purchased the paid version of ZoneAlarm, but you state in your post you have the FREE Version, and you got confused, which could happen. Once again, there is NO LICENSE KEY for the FREE version of ZA. I am sorry I have to ask these questions, as I am TOTALLY CONFUSED on your issues. Your best bet either follow what Customer Support told you to do or contact them again and find out for sure what is the proper procedure, as there is solution, but is used for PAID versions of ZA. I would think that Customer Support would of given those instructions to you. I sure would like to help you solve your issues.SlyFox

5. marktwaincy Guest

I am 100% sure I have Zone Alarm Free. And I copied in my first post word for word what it said about the license key. I understand now that Zone Alarm Free does not need a license key. But the message said to put the PC Tune Up license key in Zone Alarm.

So my issue now is not with Zone Alarm, but the fact that the PC Tune Up will not load when I run the exe file I bought and downloaded.

naivemelody Guest

Other thoughts: read this > http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=32669#M47031
    <hr>and this &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=47033<hr>Just a thought, if this is still relatively 'new' you may be able to call customer service, to get a refund - explain problems. PC Tune Up may not very necessary or very good at what it claims to do; you may want to get this 'free' software instead - http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=32695#M17304
    - which has been time tested and appears to work with ZA and most other software.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 12-9-07 - Mind Games - John Lennon

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 12-10-2007 02:22 AM

admiral Guest

Hi,
    I live in Slough England. On Sunday 09/12/07, I downloaded ( free version ) ZONE ALARM 7.1.100.I then set about buying
    P C TUNE UP on my charge card for
    9.95 STERLING.Everything went well until we
    &quot; CUT AND PASTED &quot;
    the
    LICENSE KEY.We too got the dreaded message
    &quot; INVALID LICENSE KEY &quot;. We tried the exercise a few more times but to no avail.What worries me is calling CUSOMER SUPPORT. I'll be calling America from England by phone. Will I get a CALL CENTRE
    where after about 30 minutes of questions we might still not have solved the problem of the &quot; INVALID LICENSE KEY &quot;,or hopefully someone from &quot; ZONE ALARM &quot; will be reading these columns and will be so kind as to commit his/herself to this FORUM with some positive answers, please?.Yours in anticipation,AdmiralSlough, England.

TUESDAY 11DEC2007.

Dear Sir,PLEASE go to the following threads, as it will answer your questions to your issues with PC Tune Up License Key Problems, as it happened to another member in this thread. http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=32669#M47031

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=47033

For Customer Service for issues such as License Keys, premature expiration of license etc.
    www.zonelabs.com/csform
    SlyFox

9. marktwaincy Guest

Not trying to be difficult, but the problem listed in the thread you linked is not the same problem I and Admiral have asked about.

I understand from the other part of this thread, that the license key is for PC Tune Up and that is where I need to put it, during the install process. So I quit even trying to put it in Zone Alarm.

My real problem is that I can't even get the install process for PC Tune Up to work. It aborts every time when I hit &quot;next&quot; on the Welcome screen. I even deleted the original download and re-downloaded the exe file.

Thread Information