Thread: Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite for WinXP 64-bit

mechthetech Guest

Default Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite for WinXP 64-bit

Will ZA Internet Security Suite ever be compatible with WinXP 64-bit?
    Thank you!!!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite for WinXP 64-bit

There will be no ZoneAlarm for XP 64 OS.There is one important issue;<hr>Clarification note: having a 64 bit AMD memory processor on a regular mainstream
    Vista (32 bit) or XP Home Edition OS or XP Professional OS
    - does not mean you have a 'true' 64 bit Operating System(OS)
    pc. A pc will state a Vista 64 bit OS or 64 bit XP Professional OS [most XP Pro's are 32 bit OS = the
    mainstream] and these represent a very small segment of the home user market. I have a 64 bit AMD memory processor with XP Home edition; and in the early days I thought I had a 64 bit pc - not exactly. I have a 64 bit AMD memory processor on a 32 bit XP Home edition. I use normal 32 bit software, like ZA and I can use some anti-virus/antispyware that is 64 bit capable; but every software I have is 32 bit. It is the Operating System's 32 bit or 64 bit that counts; not the bit rate of the Memeory Processor like
    the very common AMD 64 bit Memory. Not unless, the &quot;operating system&quot; declares 64 bit Vista OS
    and a 64 bit AMD memory processor, then 64 bit software is preferred - currently there is a 'limited'
    Vista 64 or XP 64 software in the general market.' So if you have the very common AMD 64 bit memory processor on your common/ mainstream
    XP Home/Pro or Vista pc/laptop - it will be more likely be 32 bit OS; you can therefore use any 32 bit software - like ZA firewall products. You will see many ads in BestBuy, CircutiCity, etc.
    with 64 bit AMD pc's/laptop's; but most are 32 bit Operating System-ed = these you can use with ZoneAlarm - possible exceptions are Vista Ultimate - which does have 32 bit and 64 bit Operating Systems.<hr>So do you have a 64 bit XP Pro Operating system or do you have a 64 bit memory processor on a regular XP Pro (32 bit) Operating system? There is a difference. Officially, ZoneAlarm products do not operate in 64 bit operating system
    environments.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 12-18-07 - Don't Do Me Like That - Tom Petty &amp; The Heartbreakers

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 12-19-2007 09:10 PM

mechthetech Guest

As a member of the IT community - I agree with your comment - but I can assure you that the system I am refering to is a 64-bit AMD chip with 64-bit WinXP installed on it.
    It is a clean install on a desktop PC, so there are not any other instances of AV or Firewall.
    Thank you for your information - hopefully as 64-bit grows CheckPoint will see the need to make their ZoneAlarm application compatible with those system.
    Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>MechTheTech wrote:
    As a member of the IT community - I agree with your comment - but I can assure you that the system I am refering to is a 64-bit AMD chip with 64-bit WinXP installed on it. It is a clean install on a desktop PC, so there are not any other instances of AV or Firewall. Thank you for your information - hopefully as 64-bit grows CheckPoint will see the need to make their ZoneAlarm application compatible with those system.Chris
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here is a Forum link to the Moderators comment on Zone Alarm 64-But OS Support.. As you said, sometime later on when 64-Bit Software and OS become more prevolentthen Checkpoint may re-think their plans..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=72849
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information