Thread: Help please - ZA 7.0.462.000 Unuseable with Win2000

zoomclub Guest

Default Help please - ZA 7.0.462.000 Unuseable with Win2000

Just been searching the forums & managed to find posts relating to bugs in other O/S's - couldn't see any regarding Win2K Pro V5.0.2195 SP4 - Ever since installing new version - immediately previous version worked fine - had similar problems to other users -

Scanningprocess - Seems to run permanantly & take up huge % of resouces - up to 98% of CPU at times!

UpdClient.exe - runs even after an update has been completed and installed and system has been idle - no other progs used etc.

Have tried uninstall and clean install - cleaned up registry etc - Actually checked for viruses throughly as thought I might have one at first as PC was virtually frozen & couldn't get to Tsk Mgr to see that it was ZA hogging all resources!

Hope this makes some kinda sense -

Thanks

Zoom

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Help please - ZA 7.0.462.000 Unuseable with Win2000

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Zoomclub wrote:
    Just been searching the forums &amp; managed to find posts relating to bugs in other O/S's - couldn't see any regarding Win2K Pro V5.0.2195 SP4 - Ever since installing new version - immediately previous version worked fine - had similar problems to other users -

Scanningprocess - Seems to run permanantly &amp; take up huge % of resouces - up to 98% of CPU at times!

UpdClient.exe - runs even after an update has been completed and installed and system has been idle - no other progs used etc.

Have tried uninstall and clean install - cleaned up registry etc - Actually checked for viruses throughly as thought I might have one at first as PC was virtually frozen &amp; couldn't get to Tsk Mgr to see that it was ZA hogging all resources!

Hope this makes some kinda sense -

Thanks

Zoom

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>As far as I know.. there is NO Anti-Virus "Scanningprocess.exe" available to the user in the Zone Alarm Free version..Perhaps your Information above was a Typo? What version of 7.0.462.000 are your using?
    ---------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:932186419
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200712.3025
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zoomclub Guest

Doh! - Sorry - got wrong line on site -

Thanks for your quick reply - Am actually trying to run the ZA Internet Security Suite - Windows 2000. V7.0.462.000.
    (Not the basic free version - which I did used to have)

Have just read the latest FAQ/Readme - couldn't really see anything that explains current problems.

Wondering if anyone else had prob's with latest release for Win2K?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Zoomclub wrote:
    Doh! - Sorry - got wrong line on site -

Thanks for your quick reply - Am actually trying to run the ZA Internet Security Suite - Windows 2000. V7.0.462.000.
    (Not the basic free version - which I did used to have)

Have just read the latest FAQ/Readme - couldn't really see anything that explains current problems.

Wondering if anyone else had prob's with latest release for Win2K?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for your Feedback..ZASS 7.0.462.000 should work well with Windows 2000upgraded tothe lastest Service pack..The Only exception is if it was Windows 2000 Server OS and not the Non-Server version..Another possible Cause for the High CPU usage would be Conflict with other security programs competeing for Resources.. or a possible Corrupted ZA Database..Here is the instruction for Reseting the ZA 7.0.462.000 Database..

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

The the DB Reset does not work you may want to Contact ZA Tech Support and give them the details of your problem so they can be made aware of your win2000 ZA conflict..

www.zonealarm.com/tsform

Here is a List of all the Fixes and Improvements to ZASS 7.0.462.000<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.462.000 name=7.0.462.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 7.0.462.000<UL class=body><LI>Performance improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Improved system boot time <LI>Included a new anti-spyware engine <LI>Fixed problems with AV on dual-core and hyper-threaded machines. </LI>[/list]<LI>Stability improvements in anti-virus: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional hangs in advanced dialog window <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during scan <LI>Fixed occasional hangs in after repair of archive (or similar) on CD. </LI>[/list]<LI>Additional Stability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown <LI>Fixed occasional hangs in UpdClient. <LI>Fixed various install and upgrade issues <LI>Fixed window activation issue associated with automatic updates <LI>Compatibility: Fixed compatibility issue with Intuit Software </LI>[/list]<LI>Anti-virus improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed anti-virus signature versions not showing, <LI>Don't reschedule AV updates after initial update completes </LI>[/list]<LI>Anti-spyware improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New anti-spyware engine <LI>Fixed issue where AS updates reported the client up to date when the client had no internet access </LI>[/list]<LI>Ease-of-use improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New: Added Automatic Network Configuration to Wizard (will automatically add Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers and, mapped network drives to trusted zone) <LI>Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours </LI>[/list]<LI>Customization improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Made AV/AS update frequency configurable <LI>Added Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray). <LI>Various other fixes and improvements </LI>[/list]</LI><LI>---------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:932221401
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200712.3025
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8903</LI>[/list]
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

netminder Guest

Just a note... I fought with my system (Win2K Pro running ZA 7.0.462.000 for about two weeks before finding this thread. The solution posted by George in http://forums.zonelab.com/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=47229 is spot on -- I reset the database, and booted in seconds. I had to reset a couple of items (I don't worry about scanning outbound mail for a couple of reasons having to do with an IMAP server that does it for me), but otherwise, everything was saved exactly as I want it.

George, you're a genius.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Netminder wrote:
    Just a note... I fought with my system (Win2K Pro running ZA 7.0.462.000 for about two weeks before finding this thread. The solution posted by George in http://forums.zonelab.com/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=47229 is spot on -- I reset the database, and booted in seconds. I had to reset a couple of items (I don't worry about scanning outbound mail for a couple of reasons having to do with an IMAP server that does it for me), but otherwise, everything was saved exactly as I want it.

George, you're a genius.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

Thank you for your Positive Feedback and those kind words..

--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:943082873
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3195
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

GeorgeV