Thread: Vista - problem with UpdClient.exe?

ericgold Guest

Default Vista - problem with UpdClient.exe?

I am running Vista Business, ZA Security Suite 7.1.078.000.
    Vista is generating an "Interactive services dialog message", indicating that UpdCient.exe is requesting attention.
    When I click the Vista message panel button to allow UpdClient to display its message, I am taken to a panel that shows: "MS Visual C++ Runtime Library error: R6016 -not enought space for thread data".
    During the time this is going on, and until I clear the C++ error message, the ZA icon notification area of the task bar continuously shows ZA as trying to get updates.

The Vista panel indicates this may be due to a Vista incompatibility.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Eric

Operating System:Windows Vista Business
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

referman Guest

Default Re: Vista - problem with UpdClient.exe?

Say, I have the same problem, did a new post this AM, Identical problem. What anti virus are you running. My is NOD 32, Have Spyware doctor, Counter Spy. Have not gotten any response to my problem, also emailed tech support at Zone Alarm. Also did a post on Castle Cops, but nothing there either.
    I am reluctant to install the Beta. I've gotten several BSOD, could be caused by Zone Alarm? Any Ideas?

ryp Guest

I'm encountering the same message as ericgold using Vista Ultimate (32bit) version
    and
    ZA Security Suite 7.1.078.000.

ryp Guest

I might have found my answer.
    I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate (32bit) with NAV 2008; and ZA Security Suite 7.1.078.000.
    As ericgold had mentioned, I have the same annoying message: Vista is generating an "Interactive services dialog message", indicating that UpdCient.exe is requesting attention.
    When I click the Vista message panel button to allow UpdClient to display its message, I am taken to a panel that shows: "MS Visual C++ Runtime Library error: R6016 -not enought space for thread data".
    Another symptom was NAV 2008 security center had not listed the "advanced firewall"
    previously.
    I turned off ZA from loading on startup, and let the system fully boot up.
    Then I started ZA instance; which then had two windows for acceptance for programs that poped up (sorry, don't remember what they were).
    Norton now recognizes ZA as the advanced firewall, and I haven't encountered the annoying updclient message.
    Perhaps it was a conflict between Norton and ZA in starting up.
    It works for now, and will wait and see.

prof_fate Guest

There is a new Beta Vista version - 7.1.218 as of 12-3-07 for ZoneAlarm Security Suite and ZoneAlarm Pro.<hr>Please be advised for those who have 7.1.078, the Beta version is recommended for use; as it improves and fixes many of the issues that some users have. See/ click - http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre....html#download
    <hr>Fixed Issues<ul>[*]Antivirus: Various AV fixes[*]System: Compatibility fix for BSOD with Webroot[*]System: Better startup and shutdown performance[*]Updates: Various update fixes<hr>7.1 wil be exclusive to Vista only. {32 bit Vista OS - only
    ;
    you can use with 64 bit Memory Processors (AMD 64 bit, etc.) , but the Vista OS (OperatingSystem)
    should still be 32 bit }<hr>[/list]Hello,
    7.1 wil be exclusive to Vista only. {32 bit Vista OS - only
    ;
    you can use with 64 bit Memory Processors (AMD 64 bit, etc.) , but the Vista OS (OperatingSystem)
    should still be 32 bit }
    7.0 (XP/2000) . = This is applies to all current XP/2000 subscribers. Do not attempt to install 7.1 on your XP/2000 pc .

Forum Moderator<hr>

You can download the update from our website in the Release History section. <ul>[*]See/ click on
    this link - http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...US&amp;lang=en[*]&gt; see Product-Specific Support [*]> choose your ZoneAlarm product[*]&gt; see Release History[*]&gt; download that latest version.<hr>Tips:[/list]1- have you properly un-installed any previous firewall and/or anti-virus?? = this needs to be done - http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=154
    . Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZA firewall product. <hr>2 - did you use any download managers or web accelerators( often used with dial-up) = [these conflict with ZA
    = should not be used]? during ZA install<hr>3 - please list other security software -
    ex. - anti-spyware: Spysweeper, SpywareDoctor, CounterSpy, SpyCatcher, Windows Defender,

etc.= these should be shut-off/ shut-down
    prior to installing
    ZA;
    monitoring/performance software - system mechanics, norton utilties/ backups/ ghosts<hr>4 - did you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6/ 7 or Firefox or others to download? IE 6/ 7 is preferred. &lt;&lt;&lt; Better results, if you temporarily use IE 6/ 7 for downloading any ZoneAlarm firewall product.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>See/ click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=162
    <hr>If you have a retail boxed version of ZA bought from a store or website other than ZA, you do not need to use the CD-Rom enclosed; you only need the key from the sleeve &gt; download the right ZA Vista and then enter the key when prompted.<hr>you should Clean out the Junk files, Recycle Bin and Cashe with the Free ccleaner.exe Program from the link below..
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_S...bar_d4191.html
    Get the New Zone Alarm
    for Vista files here..
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/pr...ta/index5.html

4.) if you have any other Security programs Like NAV, or Norton Internet Security Suite, or any other AV or Firewall programs, you need to uninstall them.. to be on the safe side..
    5.) if removing Any Symantec or Norton Programs.. ADD/Remove is not good enough, you must also go to Symantec Web site and download their &quot;Norton_Removal_Tool.exe&quot; to remove all traces of Symantec/Norton files that may conflict with the NEW ZA for Vista..
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...message.id=154
    Good Luck... Please keep us posted on your Progress..

Thread Information