Thread: STOPPING EXPIRATION NOTICES........ TO CONTINUE WITH VERSION 5.5 OF ZA PRO

radioguy Guest

Default STOPPING EXPIRATION NOTICES........ TO CONTINUE WITH VERSION 5.5 OF ZA PRO

Hi

I am currently using
    version 5.5 and have been for 2 years now. Up until now it was possible to continue doing this simply because
    I was paying the annual renewal fee. Now
    I see a notice that certain older versions will no longer accept a new key. Regardless..........I would like to know if there is
    ANY WAY
    what so ever to STOP the renewel notice other than checking "ask me later" or will the notice stop on it's own in time? Any help would be greatly appreciated as
    I would like to continue using this version but the renewal notice really gets on your nerves after a while.
    I am simply not interested in using the current version.

Thanks!

Radioguy

Default Re: STOPPING EXPIRATION NOTICES........ TO CONTINUE WITH VERSION 5.5 OF ZA PRO

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Radioguy wrote:
    Hi I am currently usingversion 5.5 and have been for 2 years now. Up until now it was possible to continue doing this simply becauseI was paying the annual renewal fee. NowI see a notice that certain older versions will no longer accept a new key. Regardless..........I would like to know if there isANY WAYwhat so ever to STOP the renewel notice other than checking "ask me later" or will the notice stop on it's own in time? Any help would be greatly appreciated asI would like to continue using this version but the renewal notice really gets on your nerves after a while.I am simply not interested in using the current version. Thanks! Radioguy
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Look in Overview/Preferences and changer Automatic Check for Updates to "Manual Check for updatesI don't know if ZAPro 5.5 has that featureIMHO, ZA Versions Before Version 6.5.XX are no longer Supported, due to Changes Microsoft Windows OS..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: STOPPING EXPIRATION NOTICES........ TO CONTINUE WITH VERSION 5.5 OF ZA PRO

Radioguy the nag screen is suppose to stop after a period of time, 30 to 60 days I believe.I don't know of anyway to manually remove the nuisance.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Greb49er wrote:
    Radioguy the nag screen is suppose to stop after a period of time, 30 to 60 days I believe.I don't know of anyway to manually remove the nuisance.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hmmm.. I can think ofanother way to remove the nuisance nag screen....Upgrade to the new ZAPro 7.0.462.000 and purchase a new License Key..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

radioguy Guest

Hi

I ALREADY tried using the FULL version of the NEW 7. whatever and had many problems with it...I even purchased a new key.
    I have been using 5.5 for
    over a
    year now (approx) with no problems at all. It seems that as more features are added to some of these programs (not just this one) they cause
    additional software conflicts. Everyone's machine run's basically the same, the problem, as I see it is that there are simply countless combinations of software conflicts that can occur from machine to
    machine and
    NO developer can guarantee that a given
    program will work properly on all of them. With the new version I noticed
    slower operation, programs that would not start up properly, and various other problems that simply were not there with 5.5. That is why
    I posted
    the question. Since then,
    I have downloaded the FREE 5.5
    version,that WILL NOT EXPIRE and everything is back to normal. The basic firewall function appears to be the same in all of them and that is all I really want. I would, however, go back to the 5.5 Pro IF I can get
    it to stop telling me that it has expired and it's time to re-new. If it
    stops on it's own fine, if not I'll simply run the free version which,after reading comments from others, I
    am inclined to do anyway.

Thanks for the input

Radioguy

<HR>
    Greb49er wrote:

<HR>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hmmm.. I can think of another way to remove the nuisance nag screen....

Upgrade to the new ZAPro 7.0.462.000 and purchase a new License Key..

<hr></blockquote>

Well that's just great pro_fate but radioguy made it perfectly clear he wished to use 5.5 not 7.

Message Edited by Greb49er on 12-26-2007 10:08 PM

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,Welcome to the Forum!Perhaps the following may or may not solve your issue, but at least you can try it.Anyone out there know of a tweak to stop the NAG screens???

http://forums.zonelab.com/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=11797

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

8. hhcalderon Guest

Have you tried answering to the nagging screen while in an account with Administrative privileges?

Thread Information