Thread: Selecting Text in GUI

garypace Guest

Default Selecting Text in GUI

Happy New Year :
    When one pulls up the ZASS GUI, it isn't possible to select as text anything that is displayed (on any of the tabs)
    Am I correct - or did I miss something ?
    This is a pain, since if I need to transcribe information (e.g. to post to these forums), I have to type it in.
    If there is no compelling reason that text cannot be selected in the GUI, I would request that this be changed in some future release.
    Regards,
    Gary

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

watcher Guest

Default Re: Selecting Text in GUI

Dear garypace:

I've seen this post more than once. Please don't double post. This is the wrong place to post anyway. We are all volunteers here and Checkpoint doesn't monitor this forum. Please go to their website and see if they have a product feedback form you can add suggestions to.

As for a workaround for repetitive words that you use often or for tab names or other GUI info that you need to use without retyping, you could create a text file and list them there and then copy and paste from it to the forum. I use a text file for answers to frequently-asked questions to this forum. I then only have to copy and paste the answer and edit it for the specific situation which saves a good deal of time versus typing it from scratch. It also works for HTML tags if you want to include them in a post.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

miss Guest

Hi Gary, I tried responding to your thread entitled "scan failed" at the link below. However, it's no longer taking replies. Not sure why? I was just curious if you've received satisfactory answers from zone alarm?
    http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=25853

garypace Guest

No, nothing after the "all AV programs are like this" response.

Thread Information