Thread: Problems between ZoneAlarm and Cisco VPN

teaius Guest

Default Problems between ZoneAlarm and Cisco VPN

I have a LAN with few computers with XP as OS. I have ZoneAlarm 7.0.337.

The LAN is working quite good and ZoneAlarm is configured properly and allows LAN trafic..

Then I have installed Cisco VPN 5.0 in one of these computers. Just after installing (still without configuring cisco) the LAN has dissapeared from this computer. This computer can not see the other computers in the LAN. The others computers can see this one in the LAN but can not enter in the shared resources.

If I switch-off ZoneAlarm the LAN comes back and I can access any computer in the LAN.

how must I configure ZoneAlarm in order to work with Cisco VPN and have the LAN working? Is it possible?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Problems between ZoneAlarm and Cisco VPN

Not sure.
    You're asking for connection to two networks at the same time, LAN and VPN, right?
    Perhaps, when VPN is on, you can make it Trusted, but at the same time include the specific IP addresses of the computers on your LAN as trusted?
    Whatever you do, once VPN needs to run, it'll be the major/current network ZA will detect.

Have you checked the Help icon (right, upper corner) for what they say about VPN - index item is
    Virtual Private Network (VPN)

Cisco VPN (nortell as well) needs to be installed AFTER ZA is installed. Could that be the problem?

Thread Information