Thread: Delete search history

gershon Guest

Default Delete search history

I cannot delete the search history from the search box on the Zone Alarm toolbar,

This can be done on the Mozilla search box.

Can anyone advise how to delete all the search history in the Zone Alarm search box, please?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

watcher Guest

Default Re: Delete search history

Dear gershon:

Where do you see a search box in a ZAfree? I have ZAPRO and I don't see it nor could I think of a reason for one.

WATCHER

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Delete search history/Ask Toolbar/AskEraser

I found this interesting 'piece' about &quot;AskEraser&quot; - please read carefully - click here &gt; http://sp.ask.com/en/docs/about/askeraser.shtml#1 <hr>Where does AskEraser work and where does it not work?
    AskEraser works if you come directly to Ask.com and perform a search within the Ask.com search box. If you access Ask.com through a search toolbar or an Ask search box on a third party site or application, Ask Eraser will not be enabled and your search activity will not be deleted. Search boxes embedded within Firefox, Internet Explorer and other browsers do allow AskEraser to be enabled.
    <hr>You may want to contact Ask.com about 'your issue.' The 'ask.com toolbar' is always an option to use if you concerned about your search history; you can always use your default browser's search engine, instead.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 1-17-08 - A Horse With No Name - America

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 01-18-2008 12:53 AM

If you haven't already tried click on the arrow next to the ASK icon , within the drop down box you should be able to clear your history.

gershon Guest

If you look at the zone alarm toolbar, to the right of the ZA logo, there is a blank into which you can enter the search details. It seems that anything entered there cannot be deleted later. The previous searches appear by scrolling down. I use CCleaner and it does delete search history on internet explorer and Mozilla. So why is it not possible to delete the search history from the ZA search box? Any ideas?

Thread Information