Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not remembering Accept or Deny

dabigkahuna Guest

Default Re: Not remembering Accept or Deny

Got it and installed, after uninstalling Real Player. Only did one test on streaming media that was pre-recorded (I normally am listening to live streaming so I'll have to wait until Monday to check that). So far so good, though it will be awhile to see if my original problem comes back. But I'll be happy to have gotten rid of Realplayer anyway. I've heard lots of complaints about it.

Thanks.

Good! It should work OK also with live streaming...It should not be the origin of the problem anyway, are you running any other security tool with ZASS?E.g. Spyware Doctor, Spysweeper, ad-aware, SpybotS&D... registry protections? They may conflict with ZA.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dabigkahuna Guest

I have some things that I run on very rare occasions (can't remember the last time I ran them, but it was long ago).

There is something I have, but the name escapes me. Sometimes I'll get a pop-up about a program I've loaded wanting to run at startup and I can either approve or not.

Maybe it was part of Spybot Search and Destroy or AdAware. Can't remember. But I guess that means SOMETHING is running. Couldn't tell by looking at Task Manager.

I'd be willing to uninstall both, but is there a problem with that if one of them is running at the time?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>dabigkahuna wrote:
    I'd be willing to uninstall both, but is there a problem with that if one of them is running at the time?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It can be a possibility... better to run the system as clean as possible, moreover if you are trying to troubleshoot a problem.Spybot Search and Destroy or AdAware will not add much to ZA detection. There are better free software in case you need a second opinion.Also left overs from previous security tools can create problems to ZA. For example, left overs from Norton or Mcafee.May be you can also run a registry and system cleaner like the free ccleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim)Cheers,Fax

dabigkahuna Guest

I have CC Cleaner. Just updated it and ran it. Interested to see some old Semantic stuff on there since I had previously run their utility that was supposed to get rid of everything. Maybe the stuff that was left didn't matter though. Had a number of registry items that didn't do anything anymore. Probably take a long time before I know if any of this actually makes everything work better though - assuming everything doesn't screw up on my next reboot!

So, what are these &quot;better&quot; options in free software if I want a second opinion? I think I've always seen what I have as being rated pretty good.

Hi!try to run again the Norton removal tool and double check that norton live update is not in the add/remove programs.This is usually left by norton uninstaller.http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039For spyware you can run the free superantispyware (http://www.superantispyware.com/down...NTISPYWAREFREE)Double check ZA program control do not block its updating (superantispyware executable should be allowed access to internet)Cheers,Fax

dabigkahuna Guest

Okay, ran it again. Nothing listed for Norton Live update (not even before I ran it again).

I'll check out the super anti-spyware tomorrow.

One thing I noticed though, when I ran CCleaner. I repaired the registry, saving a copy first. Then after I did the repairs, I saved it again for comparison purposes.

To say I was shocked at the difference would be an understatement! The first backup was 349,696 bytes.

The repaired version was only 82 bytes!

These are the backups CCleaner makes. Not only is the size difference amazing, I find it hard to believe everything in the fixed registry could be contained in just 82 bytes!

dabigkahuna Guest

Okay, I have it and its running a full scan now.

Is this okay to run at the same time as ZA?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>dabigkahuna wrote:
    Is this okay to run at the same time as ZA?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, there should be no problem.The free version has not active shields that could conflict with ZA.Well,you should not expect to find anything else than harmless cookies or dead entries.If you run ZASS, you keep it updated and always running it is unlikely that you can be easily infected.Cheers,Fax

dabigkahuna Guest

I appreciate all the help (and so quickly too). Hopefully my original problem won't come back this time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information