Thread: Small boxes, red dots infest I Net sites?

marchwhistler Guest

Default Small boxes, red dots infest I Net sites?

Anybody know what the problem is? They are inactive placeholders for buttons, photos, etc. They have been around on my system since shortly after I installed Security Suite, mid Dec. Some websites are free of them. Some quickly open the elements well. Some still have a few. Plentyoffish, a free dating site, still hasn't show any photos or responded to complaint messages since mid Jan; but they began addressing the problem years ago and have apparently surrendered. What the _______!

Thanks for any help,
    MarchWhistler

Default Re: Small boxes, red dots infest I Net sites?

The ZAISS has tow features which can do what you have described - the Parental Control and the Ad Blocking found in the Privacy. Disable the Parental Control and adjust the Ad Blocking and the mysterious X's will be gone.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

marchwhistler Guest

<blockquote><hr>Oldsod wrote:
    The ZAISS has tow features which can do what you have described - the Parental Control and the Ad Blocking found in the Privacy. Disable the Parental Control and adjust the Ad Blocking and the mysterious X's will be gone.

Oldsod
    <hr></blockquote>
    Thanks, OldSod, for your help. I had not set anything in Parent Control or Privacy. I followed ZA's suggested settings in Privacy. That helped some: Most red dots in websites disappeared, but missing photos never showed; rebooting didn't help. Oddly, ZA quickly flooded my website openings with a 2X2 warning (right on top of the right scrollbar) that &quot;Private Headings,&quot; &quot;Ads,&quot; etc had been blocked, offered a few words more, and included a checkbox at the bottom to &quot;delete privacy.&quot; They would disappear soon, until a few minutes ago when it would not disappear, no matter what I did. I finally had to cancel privacy to move on to this point.
    MarchWhistler

Hi marchwhistler

Use the items shown in the Privacy Advisor alerts to be enabled in the Privacy. It is basically a tool to find out which things need to be enabled. Then select the site in the site list and next to it give it all green checks and right click the site, select the Options and allow all in the Cookies, Ads and Mobile Code.

Another trick is set the sliders in the Privacy to Medium and open the radio buttons in the section and allow most of the items in the Cookies, Mobile Code and the Ads.

Turning off the Privacy will allow all web content to enter. Yes it is easier to use, but some sites use malicious items in the web and could infect the PC. It is good to learn the Privacy and use it to it's full advantages or use another type of filtering (IE Pro for IE or the addons for the Firefox, etc).

There is a good explaination of the Privacy in the Help of the ZA - open the ZA and press the F1 key and open the Privacy details.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information