Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backdoor:Win32/Rbot

sadmen Guest

Default Backdoor:Win32/Rbot

I am currently setup with Zone Alarm Security Suite to the following spec.

Zone Alarm Security Suite Version 6.5.737.000

True Vector 6.5.737.000

Driver Ver 6.5.737.000

Anti Vet Version 30.4.1.000,
    DAT 30.4.3410.0000

Ant Spy Ver 5.0.83.0 DAT 01.200702.1005

Anti Spam 4.8.2.7565

I do a full Anti Virus and Spam check two times a week and yet today when I booted up my PC, Microsoft Malicious Software found the following Trojan.

Backdoor:Win32/Rbot

Question why did Zone Alarm find this as I scanned last thing last night before logging off?X-(

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Backdoor:Win32/Rbot

The reason being no scanner detects everything. 6.5 is much weaker with trojan detection then 7. You could upgrade to version 7 or if you want to stay with your current version add Avg anti-spyware http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
    or BoClean I use both with only BoClean running realtime <a href="http://www.nsclean.com/boclean.html" target=_blank>http://www.nsclean.com/boclean.html<a>.

sadmen Guest

I hear what your say but .........

1) I have used ZA for the last eight years in one form or the other, always thinking it was the best in class.

2) I have tried to upgrade from version 6.5 to 7.0 via Overview / Preferences / Check for updates but it stated that there was no updates? Had to download version 7.0
    from the
    main site.

3) The money I paid for the 1 year subscription I did not expect I would have to download other program's to fill
    in the
    holes!!

4) Does ZA publish a list of potential areas / viruses / Trojans/ etc
    that their current
    product does not detect ?

5) PCPRO Stated about the current ZA product "Verdict: A best-of-breed approach to internet security pays off. This flexible and resource-friendly suite returns to the A List&quot; a letter will need to be sent to PCPRO to question the A List status !!<p align="center">I Feel let down, what is every body else thoughts ?

If your looking for one program that catches every single bit of malware on the web then good luck,it doesn't exist

sadmen Guest

Well thanks for your detail answers to my questions, you can not possibly work for Customer Relations.
    Can Anyone Else Help ??

zaswing Guest

Sorry to disappoint.Using all v5 and 6.1, never saw anything other than 2-3 tracking cookies detected by Lavasoft Ad-Aware. Nothing ever by a-squared, Trojan Hunter, few others. So to me ZA is the gold standard. But as Greb49er said, no single product detects it all, and much depends what places you visit, your settings, what gets downloaded, and what permissions are issued. And I don't work for customer relations either.

Are your Windows/Microsoft updates up to date?Have they always been up to date? This bug gets in through holes in Windows according to http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/...?virusid=56713

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 02-18-200709:00 PM

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 02-18-200709:01 PM

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 02-18-200709:05 PM

Hi!you can contact ZA customer relation at: www.zonelabs.com/csform If you have a valid license of ZA you can update free to ZA version 7.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sadmen Guest

Fax

I have taken your advise and put a request in to ZA Customer Relations, many thanks.

Secondly yes I did pay my $49.95 and had a Licensed copy of Version 6.5. I also did hit the Check for Update Button but it came back saying no updates, even though Version 7.0 was available!

I have also stated that I have used ZA for a number of years and I have stuck by the product as I believe it is first class but I do believe that the replies on questions were cursory and defensive, instead of answering the question I asked.

But Oh well, life is to short, be happy.

Saden

There is a simple and extremely effective, no resource-using and absolutely free security in every Windows OS. It seldom is used by most users. It stops all kinds of BHO, CWS, ADware, flyby exploits, and most of the trojans, keyloggers, viruses, worms, macros,etc that are out there and yet to be made.

Yes Free.
    Yes Effective.
    Yes almost no skill to use it to it's full potential.
    Yes simple.
    Yes requires no additional resources.
    Yes from Microsoft
    Yes in your Windows OS right now available.
    Yes works all the time. No bugs.

It is called a limited privilege user account.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

azamber Guest

Are you suggesting that even advanced users not use an administrator account? If so, wouldn't that be a pain to have to log on and off to change settings, etc? Is this how you roll? =) lol

Message Edited by azamber on 02-19-200709:46 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information