Thread: ZA blocks 1 browser, not the other

lwolft Guest

Default ZA blocks 1 browser, not the other

I've had an odd problem crop up in the last few days.
    I have Windows XP home.
    I have AT&T DSL with their browser that is accessed via password. I also have an IE icon on the desktop, which I can use to directly access the internet (via IE7).

Early this week, I suddenly have no longer been able to access the internet via the desktop icon. I can ping, but get the "page not found" message. When I turned off ZA (free version, 7.0.462.00) the broswer loaded just fine.
    However, I can access the internet via the password-protected browser without any problems.

I've checked the program controls and IE has the trusted and internet access boxes checked. (also went through George V's helpful hints). No change.

I'm a bit worried that this will prevent ZA from updating itself. When I hit the "check for updates button" I get the "page not found" message.

So what's going on? How can I fix this?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: ZA blocks 1 browser, not the other

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>LWolfT wrote:
    I've had an odd problem crop up in the last few days.I have Windows XP home. I have AT&amp;T DSL with their browser that is accessed via password. I also have an IE icon on the desktop, which I can use to directly access the internet (via IE7). Early this week, I suddenly have no longer been able to access the internet via the desktop icon. I can ping, but get the "page not found" message. When I turned off ZA (free version, 7.0.462.00) the broswer loaded just fine. However, I can access the internet via the password-protected browser without any problems. I've checked the program controls and IE has the trusted and internet access boxes checked. (also went through George V's helpful hints). No change. I'm a bit worried that this will prevent ZA from updating itself. When I hit the "check for updates button" I get the "page not found" message. So what's going on? How can I fix this?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Please read the Following Forum Links..http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...;message.id=68http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...=107786#M42512http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...=107754#M44574
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lwolft Guest

Sorry, but none of these seem to work.
    When I right-click on the program, the only options I get are add or remove. I don't have ZA pro, and I can't find the privacy setting mentioned in the first link.
    And I do have IE, so I don't understand the link that tells me that the only browsers supported are IE and Firefox.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>LWolfT wrote:
    Sorry, but none of these seem to work. When I right-click on the program, the only options I get are add or remove. I don't have ZA pro, and I can't find the privacy setting mentioned in the first link. And I do have IE, so I don't understand the link that tells me that the only browsers supported are IE and Firefox.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thank you for your Feedback.."I have AT&amp;T DSL with their browser that is accessed via password."We are all Users here in this Forum, ZA Employees don't normally monitor this Forum..1.) If you have a Valid ZA License key, you can Contact ZA Tech Support Directly at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform2.) Or since your using an AT&amp;T DSL with their proprietary Browser, you might consider contacting your DSL ISP provider for tech support?Please post back with your progress report..Good Luck..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information