TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
Driver version:7.0.462.000
Anti-virus engine version:3
Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
Anti-virus signature DAT file version:915051681
Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200701.795
AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

I just a few days ago purchases the "3 user" version of the Zone Alarms security Suite.

We have two Windows 2000 SP4 machines,
They are both Shuttle-X computers, in case that matters..
I installed
Zone Alarm on mine
first.
Aside from an apparent cash during install, It seemed to work OK, except it
keeps calling RAdmin a virius.
When I tell it to "Ignore always" it ignores me, and complains every time it runs a scan.
Annoying, but I can live with it.
Then the next day, my husband installed
Zone Alarm
on his machine.
It was very badly behaved.
zlclient.exe and vsmon.exe were running almost all the time, and consuming 97% -100% of the CPU.
It he brought up Zone Alarm (clicking on the icon in the lower right of the task bar, it would start to come up and then freeze, and it was impossible to close it or do anything with it.
With or without Zone Alarm frozen on the screen, EVERYTHING else ran painfully slow, as there was only about 2-3 percent CPU time available.
He fiddles with it for a couple days, and then gave up and unistalled it.
This morning, mine started doing the same thing.
The only way I can get anything else to run (Eudora, Explorer, SpamArrest, Excel, IE, anything) is to close Zone Alarm, and that can take several minutes of locked up keyboard before it actually shuts down.
We both ran a previous paid version of Zone Alarm a couple years ago on these very machines, with
very little
problems (I believe we renewed twice) but then let it expire (not sure why).
I have done a search on this forum, and only found one reference each to these two files, and one of them seemed unrelated to performance.
Nevertheless,
as it is now, we can not use Zone Alarm, and my husband has gone back to AVG and something else for SPAM and SpyWare protection.

I am close to doing the same, since the only way I can use my computer is to disable Zone Alarm
:-( and I really want it to work.
Can any one tell me what might be going on.

Thank you,pbibb

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite