Thread: Zone Alarm Security Suite causes Stop Errors when used with SONIC DLA CD/DVD writing software

tjmiller Guest

Default Zone Alarm Security Suite causes Stop Errors when used with SONIC DLA CD/DVD writing software

Greetings,
    I have a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad T61p using the latest updates to Windows XP Pro.
    There is no software on it other than the bare bones factory installed stuff.
    No Norton stuff.
    Just IBM/Lenovo approved and tested stuff.
    I'm soory to say that after many, many hours of testing and consultation with both Lenovo and over two thousand views on the Thinkpads.com Support Community forum there is no doubt that Zone Alarm Security Suite v7.0.462.00 conflicts with the SONIC DLA software that is used to write to CDs and DVDs.
    I get a stop error (BSOD) every time I try to write to a CD or DVD as long as Z.A.S.S. is installed.
    I've done 4 factory restores and the machine has been thouroghly checked out by Lenovo.
    It is a fact these two programs conflict.
    One or the other has to go!
    Any ideas/suggestions?
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Zone Alarm Security Suite causes Stop Errors when used with SONIC DLA CD/DVD writing software

Hi!

since ZA staff does not monitor this board, the best would be to report the conflict directly to ZA technical support at: www.zonelabs.com/tsform and include as much details as possible about the conflict and what you already did.

Probably also the developers of the SONIC DLA software should be warned, they may also take actions to resolve the conflict.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tjmiller Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Security Suite causes Stop Errors when used with SONIC DLA CD/DVD writing software

Thanks.
    I'll do that.

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information