Thread: IDENTITY THEFT

mpcisum Guest

Default IDENTITY THEFT

I installed the latest TRIAL version of both the suite AND zonealarm pro.

Neither of them have the "Identity Theft" option as I've seen on a screenshot from cnet.com

It is missing?

Or does it only come with the purchased version and not available in the trial?

I'm looking for something that will block my credit card information and passwords from being sent over the internet...like Norton Confidential does (Can't seem to get it to work for me on Vista though.)

Does Zonealarm Pro or Suite do this for me? Is it included in the Identity Theft feature?

If it does - why can't I access it? Is it only available in the purchased version?

Answers needed urgently.

Thanks in advance,
    Mech.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: IDENTITY THEFT

There should be the Indenty Protection in the ID Lock of the ZA Pro.
    Basically anything can be entered and protected using either the presets or by the Custom entries.
    This feature is seen in my XP ZA Pro and I hope this feature is seen in the Vista ZA Pro too, since it is hard to determine if you are using the XP or the Vista Operating System.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Hi!features in VISTA/XP are listed here:http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...comparison.jspI don't think MyVault is implemented in VISTA.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mpcisum Guest

Anyone able to confirm ZAPro for Vista not coming with Myvault or personal data protection?

I just spent $158 on vista home edition upgrade.

Now I'll have to buy XP professional and have two operating systems just to test ZAPro.

I see it detects incoming requests for the information too, not just outgoing information. Trend Micro only detects outgoing.

Can anyone here test it with paypal.com please? Try to order a product with a CC #: 1234567898765432

Does it take you to a invalid CC page, or a blocked page/warning from ZAPro?

Would be interested to know the answer for me and others here if any ZA users are willing to spare a few minutes.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>mpcisum wrote:
    Anyone able to confirm ZAPro for Vista not coming with Myvault or personal data protection?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, ZAPRO for VISTAdoes NOT come with Myvault.And you cannot test MyVault in paypal.com since MyVault will not work on 'secured' channels (SSL).MyVault is designed to block information leaking to commonhttp, mail or IM ports.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

If the private/personal information is stored on files on the PC, just encrypt those files and they will be secured.

XP Pro has a built in encryption, but unsure about the newer Vista OS.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information